Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Well I have my finalisation study plan approved.

I will be heading out of town 1 day a week for classes but was able.to secure class times that will allow me to participate in school drop off and pick up. Necessary as that involves 3 different schools at different ends of town 😬

This has reduced a lot of stress for darling and subsequently me 

O do have some reservations about the required travel but will juat havw to see how we go with that. 

My revised study is somewhat less intensive with the alteration of an elective course. A little dissapointing but this is going to be much more manageable. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

As return to school approaches I can see darling getting more weighed down and she is making more frequent comment about ability to manage life. 

Will be monitoring this closely.  There is at least 4 weeks between return to school and my return to uni classes so that will help with establishing a new routine. 

Hi @Faith-and-Hope  

Nice to see you here.

Trust all is as well as it can be for you and the waves are not too bumpy. 

Waves are getting bigger again @Determined , but breakers mean that we are closer to shore .... I am hopeful things will improve.

Day 4 of being back at work today and the not copeing texts have been consistent

Even now as I am out with the boys at a sporting activity😬

This will be my biggest challenge with being out of town for study. I'm.going.to havw to talk to my mum about her availability to visit on the day that I am away. 

I can feel my own anxiety building just worrying about it.

My GP last week encouraged me to apply.for ndisn for darling.

Her response when I asked her about it.

'I don't need a rent-a-friend'  

Not quite how I would classify a support person. 

Either way I can't see how it would possibly work if darling was not a willing participant. 

Feeling tired and over it.

Wheels are starting to get wobbly here 😬

Really hoping we can get through this week and give darling confidence that we can make it work.  Will be the first full week since school broke up and darling is finding it very overwhelming 🤕

Well we have officially gone from.'wobbly'' to the wheels have fallen off.

And I am officially over it.  Full blown meltdown over???

Even FIL was not immune to the verbal abuse. (She usually tries to be respectful to him even in crisis)   Currently defaulted  to survival mode 🤕😡

I just need to breathe and regroup.

Resized_tempFileForShare_20210130-194153_2728274565129421.jpeg

Are there any 'back to basics" coping skills that you can tap into @Determined ?

❤️ @Determined 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance