Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Trip to beach this afternoon with our boys πŸ™‚

Darling opted to stay at home 😢 mildly disappointing but better to stay home and avoid tension and public dysfunction I guess. 

I'm glad the boys and I made the effort. 2/3 were excited and keen to go but all 3 had a great time. 

and I am feeling nicely relaxed after. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Anticipating a bumpy night ahead.

Currently out with S1&2 for regular activities.

Text messages indicate a rapidly deteriorating emotional state.

something today has triggered memories from the past πŸ™

@Determined  πŸ™ 

While there is still tension and anger under the surface yeaterdays storm seems to have passed without any further events. The evening was not nearly as bumpy as anticipated. 

I find it hard to accept that people who are no longer in our lives still have so much impact on our lives.  What they think or don't think is rated higher than the one who stands by and supports no matter what 😣

Have had a positive development tonight.

Darling has asked what I think about her deleting her social media account to cut ties with the past.

Have been waiting for an opportunity to raise this topic. I think this is a positive step. 

We wouldn't encourage our Older Daughter to get any social media accounts, and it's a relief that she hasn't shown any interest. They can be a great way of keeping in touch with people... or a minefield of inappropriate contacts and dangerous enclaves. Hope this turns into a real positive for you and Darling.

@Smc  

πŸ™ing it will be so. 

Added another string (well 6 actually πŸ™‚) to my self care bow last week.

Purchased myself a new gutair. 

Couldn't really afford it but repurposed some funds I have been saving for some good quality noise cancelling headphones. RemIns to be seen how smart that idea was πŸ€”

I have really enjoyed going back to sq 1 and learning all over again. Had lessons 25+ years ago but never got past basic. End goal is to be able to play with S2. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance