Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hoping for some stability after the building and pest inspection @Former-Member. That is happening this coming week. At the moment things are irrational and tense to put it politely.

I am at my whitts end at the moment. 

Even after the building and pest are passed we will most likely still find something to panic and whine about. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

A lot of what we are getting rid of with the decluttering is more because it is too much effort to pack it up and have to unpack it at the other end. If it is stuff we have not used or not likely to use that is enough motivation to get rid of it. 

I wondered if things might be difficult @Determined 😔.

Has your Darling any extra appts to help her through? Would she be amenable to this if you suggested this?  Or is this a bit of a taboo subject?

Edited: Sorry Bro, just reread post  the way I initially worded did not come across well.

No need to be sorry @Former-Member, 

No extra appointments and no interest either unfortunately. Kind of just have to listen at the moment and keep my thoughts to myself.

I did suggest an inpatient holiday until after the move was complete if things got to out of hand and that has kept the worst of the behavior in check thankfully. I am just weary and finding it harder each day to respond in a way that is helpful to all. 

We are so blessed and have much to be thankful for. It would be nice if my darling could see that and be grateful it would help her a lot. 

Darling did see a councillor earlier this week. I dont know how it went or when her next one is, I'm not allowed to ask as that = pressuring her to do stuff she does not want to do apparently.

Unfortunately we are at a point where she actually needs to make a little more effort herself. She has more than enough support around her as no one expects it to be easy but we have all  done / are doing as much as we can. Without some effort on darlings part nothing will change.  I say that cautiously as I dont want to trivialize her situation but it is how it is. 

Sometimes I think it is good idea to know what the  councillor spoke to our darling as it would put you on the same wavelink @Determined, maybe your darling is thinking too much on what he said and is finding it hard

Suspected things were a bit stormy @Determined. Will keep praying for you for wisdom.

Thank you @Former-Member, prayers for wisdom are much appreciated at the moment. 

I will be pleased when building and pest inspections are passed this week. 

I can't see and the real estate cant see any problems that are likely to arise but because our sale is subject to these darling is getting quite worked up about it.

Packing is going well. Cleaned out another cupboard today. More items in the bin than packed. A lot of obsolete computer equipment and study materials from my last uni degree over 20 years ago.  Looking at it now I realy dont understand why I ever kept it. 

@Determined, I've possibly still got a few of my uni notes sitting around. For me that's about 30 years ago. I think I culled them down to the interesting bits, and hopefully I'd still agree with my assessment of "interesting". I kept a few of the textbooks (English Lit and Koine Greek) and certainly don't regret those. I have referred to them at various times over the years, and expect to continue to do so. 🙂 Am definitely keeping my ceramics diploma sketch/note books. There's a lot of technically and artisticaly useful info in those.

Hope the inspection goes well. I can understand your Darling's nerves. I know for myself, sometimes the final hurdles feel like they may suddenly become impassable barriers. I can usually convince myself that I'm being illogical, but am only really at ease when it's all behind me.

So I went for an abdominal ultrasound this morning as the result of some blood tests that have been elevated for a while. 

Sonographer asked me if I was a big drinker. Not sure he believed me when I said no! or that I don't eat a lot of fat...

Also asked if I had ever had issues with my kidneys as they had an unsual shape.

Trying not to be alarmed. will have to wait to hear from the doc I guess. next app is not for another 5 weeks but guessing they will call me in early if there is a real issue. Has motivated me to get more serious about my diet though. I seriously need tp loose some weight. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance