Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

AllAboutMissy
Contributor

Super foods

Hi guys,

So i've recently started taking super food supplements - Chlorophyll, Chia omega and B12 and have found it to quite beneficial. It's helped with my energy levels and in fact my memory has improved dramatically since taking the Chia Omega.

Do any of you take vitamin or super food supplements and how have you found them?

Missy 

2 REPLIES 2
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Re: Super foods

Hi @AllAboutMissy

Thanks for your post. Supplements can definitely play a role in our health and wellbeing.

I just wanted to flag for everyone who is reading this, supplements can interfer or have an impact when combined with other medications, so it's important to consult a doctor before starting any form of supplement.

Welcome to the Forums @AllAboutMissy I hope you find them useful!

Nik

Re: Super foods

@AllAboutMissy

It's true vitamins can make a difference to how you feel, especially if they are from a trusted organic source.

However, I would be careful not to take too many varieties at one time and also make sure you know what the ingredients are. Research it properly online and check your sources too! Pharmaceutical companies are the devil's advocate and the standards and regulations set for vitamin/supplement are pathetic. Trust more in PROVEN organic brands and keep in mind that 'you can never beat the real thing. Most of what these vitamins offer can be obtained naturally....

EXAMPLE: For my body/bones to be able to absorb calcium (dairy and veg) our body also needs sufficient vitamin D - which comes in the lovely form of SUNSHINE. Its recommended for lighter people to get 20-30 mins per day and darker people need about 10-15 mins (depending on UV index etc). 

Also... those 'nutri-bullet' things do actually help if you use it to make healthy smoothies daily... A well balanced diet also makes a huge difference towards your mental health... And i always remember my Doctor told me that taking Iron vitamins wouldn't help me when I had Iron Deficiancy last year.

Happy and Healthy wishes your way 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance