Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Used2Be
Senior Contributor

Something light: Pet stories

I spotted on the LE forum a discussion about the value of pets. I have a special cat with a special story, but before I share it, I was wondering if anyone else has stories of how pets have helped you/your loved ones. Maybe even share photos?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Something light: Pet stories

Fabulous idea Use2Be! I don't have a pet, just succulant pot plants, as I live in an apartment. But i would love to see photos of other people's pets.

Hmmm, yes I too, have a good relationship with my pot plants, as I live in an apartment and cannot have pets.

But I do remember how we used to have 2 Shitzu dogs, which were wonderful. I think the thing about having a pet is that, unlike most humans, pets just take you as you are and love you unconditionally, which makes it easy to love them unconditionally back!! 

Hello use2be,

Pets are such a wonderful thing for recovery. Recovery of any kind. i know of some people who did some "pet therapy" for older people in nursing homes and sick children in hospitals. Ive met a cat who has lived in a residential mental health support program; he was a fantastic character who i saw taught people good lessons about how they projected them selves to others when they were having lower moods. Having my own dog keeps me fit- i love him so much so i make sure we go for walks every day. i even bought a water proof coat so we could still exercise in the rainier weather- it made me realise im less stressed when i walk once a day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance