Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

janedoe2
Senior Contributor

Setting Healthy Boundaries

I've been a people pleaser most of my life and have self sacrificed for decades to the detriment of my MH.

I have recently taken a serious step back from multiple people who have taken advantage of me throughout this period and recently been very disrespectful towards me.

I now have healthy boundaries in place and will no longer tolerate being disrespected in any way.

I can still care from a distance but most importantly I care about my wellbeing.

I have chosen to make myself a priority and to care about my needs and requirements to have a healthy quality of life.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Setting Healthy Boundaries

Hey @janedoe2 I have done the same recently to rid my life of toxic people that really do not deserve my time or energy. It is a massive step to do that but also a necessary one for our own mental, emotional and physical wellbeing ...so I absolutely applaud you for what you have done and hope this does lead to a better life for you going forward Heart

I need to take a leaf out of your book! 👏🏼

@janedoe2 @Zoe7 

I have done the same as both of you. @janedoe2 

Such strength and conviction. I like it. 

@Zoe7 It's never a case of should I or shouldn't I? It's necessity. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@janedoe2  that's amazing to hear 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 @Zoe7 & @Powderfinger too

I've done similarly, and the peace and healing that can result is profound 💗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance