Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Seniors Matter

Dear @Former-Member ,

thinking of you and watching over you tonight

peri

@Peri 

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member @Eve7 

Lovely hearing about your nan memories.

Mostly its like this for me . .. reading to the animals .. at least I did like Dr Dolittle!

Happy Birthday MaggieHappy Birthday Maggie

Heart

@Maggie @Former-Member 

Heart

I am a little fragile too.  I guess the skin get thinner ...

Hi @Appleblossom ,

yes the skin gets thinner in more ways than one!

peri

Former-Member
Not applicable

"thin-skinned" (adjective)
To be sensitive, especially to criticism and slights... quick to take offense.

People with ‘thin skin’, or ‘thin boundary’ are more sensitive than those with thick boundaries. Their bodies and brains absorb and feel more signals from their surroundings. They react strongly to sensory stimuli and can become irritated by things like bright lights, loud sounds, particular aromas, tastes or textures.
https://www.eggshelltherapy.com/having-thin-skin/

ALSO:
REAL SKIN THINS WITH AGE:
How to deal with thin skin?
A person with thin skin may find their skin bruises or damages more easily. Protecting the skin by wearing long sleeves, and long skirts or trousers can help. Using creams that contain vitamin A, also known as retinol or retinoids, may help to prevent skin from thinning further.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom, love the pic. You mention many deep topics in your post, all of which warrant a big reply, but can only do a couple tonight...
"safety in my skin [my head] is problematic. Would kids be better off without me? I have to WORK hard now, telling myself I deserve to be alive. Its alright, I can live"
I relate to this, need to be more proactive (like you), make it a daily affirmation maybe...
"front door between me and the rest of the world"
I like this.
I shut the door on the world too, don't like the buzz and rat racing out there.

@Former-Member

Yes I meant both ways of looking at thin skin.  I am not easily offended, because I am used to having to roll with whatever, but I am sensitive and have written on an earlier thread about boundaries.For me bridging and togetherness was also important.

Finding a way of affirming oneself is important.  It is just what came out of me. It has to be what rings true within.

@Peri 

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Holy Spirit spoke to me yesterday, in prayer, gently saying: "HARD TIMES ARE A GIFT TOO" wants me to be grateful, to praise Him anyway. How can I?
😭 it doesn't FEEL like a gift.. really struggle seeing the bright side of suffering 😢 need more faith...
Former-Member
Not applicable

https://youtu.be/vPFCn3itBFE
Seniors Prayer

🤣

Ha ha .... hilarious @Former-Member .. and unfortunately so true.

Here's another one you may like.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIX4d9loi7U

Em

Former-Member
Not applicable

Not sure that one was funny @Emelia8 - My mum got her two rescue dogs at 80yrs old, 4yrs before she died. I remember thinking they would outlive her and maybe not a good idea given that she was caring for dad (mod dementia etc). But a year later she got her adenocarcinoma diagnosis (terminal). So after she died & dad went into nursing home,  I rehomed one & adopted the other - Gorgeous Georgia (GG)
Does your dad have pets? I know @Zoe7 finds it hard helping her parents with their pets as they age.
Though parts of me what to die, think other will continue the upper hand and hope I'll be around a while yet for GG. Do you worry about this with your Holly? Sounds like you'll outlive mrShaz. 

Never know when our number is up I guess.
Our furbabies, They actually  keep us going I reckon. 🐶🐕🐩🐺🦊🐱🐈🐎🐦🦉🐓🐟🐠🌱🌳🌷
What do you reckon @Adge - worried about you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance