Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

EgaleWhale
Contributor

Self care mental illness

I didnt know what mental illness was until January 2007. My nephew is bi polar & I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I live with my nephew he is 26 & I am 50 in June. It helps me to do prayer & meditation & to sit in my sofa with the cool breeze & windows open with sunshine & to drink boost juice. I feel better & healthy eating healthy foods & drinking boost juice but I get very tired & I sleep & rest alot

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Self care mental illness

I have a shower brush my teeth & I rest in bed & listen to some music. I am not as fit & healthy. I am sick with immune disorder. I have my grand nephew but I can't go & take him to the park & play with my nephew dog. I'm in bed & waiting for a remote automatic bed

I'm lonely & I miss my husband he's in hospital & I take care of myself resting than getting up & have something to eat & drink then take the rubbish out. I use to sit & write for hours it's a really lonely without my husband & family. My sister & nephew's birthday I can't take cakes & presents & visit them but I can spend time with my other nephew & celebrate his birthday & ring them up to say happy birthday. It's hard to accept I can't do all the active things like walking for hours in the shopping centre & to be outside but to care for myself I rest on my sofa & stay in bed & sleep all night long

I'm really lonely I come here to write. It's my self care to write. I miss my family & husband. I'm really blessed to have my nephew live with me & his dog & his son comes to stay a few nights & visit. My sister's have thier own lives & husband's & I don't get to see them much. I have NDIS support & support worker to help with self care & cleaning my home part of self care. I enjoy my nephew staying with me. I have a quiet home. I turned on the gas for home cooked meals instead of urber eats everyday. I use to cook alot & enjoy it. I'm lonely I wish I had a buddy to help me with self care & a buddy a email & facebook & messenger I am looking forward to cooking home cooked meals & self care journal

I wanted a writers home a part of self care. A home I love & to share my husband taste in decor & a home filled with jazz classical & coffee music for mind body & soul self care. Today I have a family home & self care is sharing space & having my own space with others. I open my bedroom door to share the cool breeze windows & allow flow of energy. I have a 1 bedroom apartment & waiting for 2 bedroom ground floor disability apartment & self care is gratitude for what I have & have a roof over our heads

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance