Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

We had a gardener come around a few times @Adge , he took all the foliage away.  With the trees gone and our new garden shed now in situ we will be able to tweek our garden design and  get things happening with a view to doing a bit of planting next autumn & winter. I sm bearing in mind @Smc 's tip to make sure we can go between beds with wheelbarrow.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Visited a rose farm today, was lovely to see the flowers out and to get an idea of what we can plant down the track. 

I love Rose Nurseries @Former-Member Hectares (or Acres) of Heritage (Old World) & rare or hard to find Rose types.

That's where I got my favourites from.

Not many left in my garden - I haven't watered consistently enough for years.

Lamarque (Noisette climbing rose) is still doing well, up against a limestone wall (with some shade).

Adge

There are so many varieties available @Adge spoilt for choice. Think I need to go back another day when it is a little cooler, perhaps taking a few of the flowers out the garden to see if I can get something that will blend in well.

images (1).png

images (4).jpeg

@MissP  and @Bobkat  feel free to join in this gardening discussion thread.  

Extremely hot and windy conditions this week affected a few plants in our garden. 

We pray for rain not only for our little patch but for the fire and drought affected areas across the land.

hello @MissP , @Bobkat 

Hello @Former-Member , @Adge , @Determined , @Smc , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

we have takien a trailer load of rubbish to the dump after we trimmed our hedges and then we cut some of mum`s branches which were hanging over the roof Smiley Very Happy

Well done @Shaz51 

My gardens are suffering very badly from lack of water. No rain and water restrictions allowing no outside use of water at all.

I have large fruit trees, screening shrubs (basically everything) shrivelling up and dying before my eyes. Very depressing after 10 years of hard work planting and establishing a decent garden.

yes it is very hard to see something that we have made  @Former-Member , very sad

will pray for rain for you and everywhere else in australia

mum is sad because her garden are being taking over by weeds , she wants us to garden all the time which is hard but i love to do it xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance