Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Don't you love it when you come across a plant bargain? Treated myself to a cymbidium orchid for $12 from someone's home plant stand.  It has 19 flowers on it across two stems, will enjoy the flowers and see if I can keep it going afterwards. 

images (56).jpg

Tackled a bit more running bamboo today and am now feeling a little more confident about our garden design.

Still bleaugh, but bedrest gets sooo boring.

So today I've been going outside to do some gentle gardening, then back to bed to recoup, then outside again...
The animals have all been fed a bucketful of weeds each, I've planted parsnip seed, and I've put aluminium markers on my assorted bulbs before I forget which ones are where.

Now back to recuperating.

thelwell seed garden.jpg

Nothing like some gentle activity in the garden to aid recovery @Smc  esp. if weather to our liking.

Windy here, but got a little more tidying up done outdoors.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Memberhow did you go with the 'weed and feed'?  

Hello @Former-Member @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Adge @Determined @Smc 

How are you all?

I've just been out in my little patch and it's such a pleasure to get outside. I have some tomatoes in for the first time in years and they are going ok - some fruit but still little and green. I also have some lavendar that I nursed along over winter (freezing and frosty where I am) from very little - in a little punnet. Have now planted them into big pots.

I have two small courtyards and I'm happy with how much I can do. When I first moved from my big garden I was a bit down about my garden prospects but not any more.

How are your gardens growing?

@frogyour courtyard sounds perfectly manageable. It is amazing how much one can grow in a relatively small area.  

I have my eye on some red standard roses (Mr Darcy keen to get some) and have been watching the different varieties as they start to flower at the garden centre, waiting on one more variety to bloom, but so far the leader of the pack is 'Mr Lincoln' an oldie but a goodie. 

Outing planned for this afternoon which involves a visit to a 'new to us' garden centre.

Hi @frog,  @Former-Member  @Adge  @Smc  Amanda all... 

Thanksfor tag and reminder. You've inspired me to go walk through my garden. We've had rain and I've been in a slump, but I'll do it today. So windy and fold here though Brr 🌻

@Former-Member  Windy =  😵, cold I can handle.

@Former-Member, W+F not made any difference. Even the Zero treated edges with - nothing! They're IMMUNE lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance