Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Do the Agaves self propagate @Former-Member

Wondering given the high concentration we have. Seems unlikely they would have been planted that close together. 

We also have some border plants that I want to pick from the back edge and fill gaps that have died because other shrubs have grown across and shaded. 

Screenshot_20181214-170140_Gallery.jpg

Yes they do, little ones called 'pups' grow from the base of the plant. 

These can be wiggled off with a bit of root and transplanted.

images (24).jpeg

Found another plant in the garden while pruning this afternoon. It is like a treasure hunt every time I dig a little deeper.

Any ideas what this is.Any ideas what this is.

@Determined

?dracaena reflexa variegata 

The border plants look as though they could be dividable - I would give it a go. 

Just looked at the spec sheet for the dracaena reflexa variegata @Former-Member great pick. Thanks for that.

Was looking at the border plants and there seem to be lots of shoots that should be easy to transplant.

The other transplant I want to try is a native grass tree (aka blackboy) that is being crowded out. Dr google recons it is doable .

Screenshot_20181215-201942_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181215-202029_Gallery.jpg

@Determined still flummoxed by other plant, don't think Indian horse chestnut quite right. Might need to see a flower to be able to identify.

Blackboy, depending on size also = $$

Another succulent project

images (31).jpeg

Not sure it will last long enough to see a flower @Former-Member as earmarked for removal. Planning on replacing it with a bottlebrush or similar. 

The blackboy is not small @Former-Member so reluctant to interfere given $$$ value but concerned that being crowded out will in time not be beneficial either so in long run moving it may be a better option. And the fact that what should be a nice looking plant looks terrible. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance