Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Shaz51
Community Guide

Relationships: Maintaining boundaries when experiencing complex mental health issues

SANE Mental Health Meet-Up chat forum was interesting tonight 

tonights topic was called 

Relationships: Maintaining boundaries when experiencing complex mental health issues
 about identifying and maintaining boundaries when navigating complex mental health issues for yourself or your loved ones

at home, , at work place , friends and families , our children, our partners,our  parents , our siblings , etc 

tagging a few members @Adge@BPDSurvivor@eth@Zoe7@Bow@Rosie93@TideisTurning , @Former-Member , @Daisydreamer 

we had lots of members there tonight 

@Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope@outlander@Snowie@Dadcaringalone@frog@WriterMelb@NatureLover  , @Maggie@Judi9877@jem80@Emelia8@Owlunar@Appleblossom@Flying_Hams@TAB@Eve7@Determined 

49 REPLIES 49

Re: Relationships: Maintaining boundaries when experiencing complex mental health issues

It was an awesome turnout! @Shaz51 

Re: Relationships: Maintaining boundaries when experiencing complex mental health issues

looks like I missed it @Shaz51  um still getting over dentist yest, yeah its an excuse oh well

Thanks for starting this Thread/ Discussion @Shaz51 

@Zoe7mentioned being able to improve boundaries & the relationship with her mother - after considerable effort & a hard conversation.

I've been able to improve boundaries (over several decades), with my mother also - Although I am not able to have a "Boundary Conversation" with my Mum.

When my Mum does not like anything that she is hearing (or that I say) - She either Screams at me (over the Telephone), or she Hangs Up on me & Terminates the phone call.

This makes Asserting Myself with my Mum (or Setting Boundaries) Almost Impossible.

It is a form of Communication Sabotage - because by Hanging Up & Terminating the phone conversation, my Mum is stopping me from improving the relationship (by setting healthy boundaries).

Adge

@Former-Member , are you able to include the links here to the info pages you referred to tonight in the chat? That is, healthy relationships/boundaries and the differences between rigid, porous and healthy boundaries? I think both are fantastic resources to share. 

@Shaz51 

I tried to get on @Shaz51 but could not get into the site. And no links worked either.

that is a great idea @BPDSurvivor 

we will ask @Former-Member to put the link here Smiley Very Happy

I wonder if we can tag all the people that was on the chatline tonight ?

I have not got the list @TideisTurning 

hello @TAB , that is why we are sharing it here my friend 

@Adge , yes some don`t understand , it is like mr shaz , he is in bed by 9pm by the latest , so people wonder why we don`t stay longer 

You've got a lot of the members that were present I think @Shaz51 😊. Apart from that, off the top of my head, there was also @eth & @pipinya 

I can see the lovely @Emelia8 & @TAB have joined us here too! I'm sorry you weren't able to join/ make it, but we'd love to hear any other thoughts you'd like to contribute on the topic, so feel free to post them here!

Sorry I missed it!

I had a medical appointment to go to and now I am so stuffed from it. As per the instructions given after the appointment was to go home and sit with a heat pack and apply lots of heat. I have been melting away my soreness.

I'm exhausted, but feel better!

Do you have any idea why I could not join the meet up tonight @TideisTurning ? 

I had registered earlier in the day, saw my name there and everything. But tonight I just kept gettin a message telling me I could not access the site.

Incidentally the links to 'get support' on this site, are also not working for me tonight.

Emelia

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance