Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

candycane

Re: Introduce yourself here

hi @goodmum_badmum

CandyCane here, one of the moderators.  

Welcome to the Forums. You have shown a lot of strength in coming to the forums and seeking help.

Here you will find a lot of wisdom, experience and kindness that may help you at this difficult time. It is important to connect with others which help will help you to make sense of what you are feeling. I am sure you will get replies soon from other members.

You can read more about the guidelines in the   Community Guidelines.

I look forward to 'seeing' you around the forum.

Kindest regards, Candycane

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @goodmum_badmum ..... and welcome to the forums ..... 👋

I saw that you had posted, but now that I have come back to read it, I can’t see your post here .....

@candycane, can you help me find it please ?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I also can't see or read the post by @goodmum_badmum in order to say hello and share??

Hi @Faith-and-Hope and @Former-Member

There seems to have been an issue in moving @goodmum_badmum post to this thread so here is the link to get to it. Thanks for picking that up and wanting to say hello to our new member 🙂 

- Flipper

Hi @goodmum_badmum and welcome to the forums 👋

Thank you for sharing your story with us.  I hadn’t heard of CoPMI before, but that was my Mum .... her mother had an undiagnosed mi, but in those days all people really did was avoided taking on the issues as much as possible.  Perhaps it made my Mum more empathetic, because that she certainly was ..... but I am glad there are supports emerging all around mental health issues for everybody concerned.

I have joined Sane forums through the Carer side, as a carer for my husband with undiagnosed mh issues, and now at least one of my adult children.  In any case, we appear to have a familial personality disorder to learn about and manage, so life is continuing to throw us curve balls.  It has been a joy to walk along with other carers who understand this world, and to learn from those with Lived Experience, who share what it is like to live with mi issues on the inside of their world, as you know ....

This is the Carer side, but feel free to wander the LE side as well.  If you type ADHD into the Search bar, it will turn up threads for you under that subject area.

💐💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance