Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Mazarita
Community Elder

Presently

"A multitude of small delights constitutes happiness"
- Charles Baudelaire

The quote is from a free/no-ads Android app called Presently, that prompts me every day to briefly record one thing I am grateful for. Some of my entries are one word.

It's about 15 months of doing it so far. I have become a little happier in daily life than I was before I started. If you run out of ideas, you can get a short prompt. Very simple to use.

Tiny or big, one by one, these little grateful thoughts add up in me to a better overall feeling about my life.

@eth @Exoplanet @Appleblossom @greenpea @outlander @Shaz51 @bipolarbunny @Adge @Sophia1 @Faith-and-Hope @HenryX @Leggs @Flying_Hams and all.

BirdMoon.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Presently

@Mazarita 

Thanks Mazarita, I will try it out

Cheers, HenryX

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Such a lovely thought @Mazarita 

I live my life looking for small beautiful ideas and events to stock my inner precious garden 

It is in the play of light and shadow the we find reality

Dec

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Mazarita  Thanks Mazzy I like that and it is very true xxxHeart

Nice one mazzo @Mazarita
Thanks for the tip

@Mazarita Remembering to be grateful helps me reframe old events, and also communicate with more positivity, (I hope..lol) than otherwise possible.

Hi @HenryX, happy to hear you will give it a whirl.

Hi @Owlunar I love that idea of the play of light and shadow being the place to find reality. "Small beautiful ideas", yes.

Hi @Appleblossom lovely to hear you are in connection with gratitude as well.

Hi @greenpea @Flying_Hams 

Smiley Happy

Good tobsee you maz 🙂
@Mazarita

You too, my friend  @Flying_Hams. You are still Hamso to me. Enjoy the rest of the day. Smiley Happy

Hey @HenryX  @Flying_Hams 

Smiley Happy

@Mazarita I particularly loved @Owlunar way of expressing herself too.

One way for me getting in touch with gratitude is allowing the "half smile" to rise up from my heart through my throat and into my face.  With it can come pleasant images or memories.

Hugs Ladies.@greenpea

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance