Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

@Former-Member 

-Whipple was 8 weeks ago.

-Meds tapered due to QTc.

-Phone call today, likely  chemo only to start with, no need to go to big smoke. Will have more clarity after seeing oncologist. 

- I will be asking what is evidence based treatment and what is not.

@Former-Member  Ask as many questions of the oncologist, as you have. 

Actually we see hubbys oncologist tomorrow for 3-monthly checkup. Had Scans and blood tests last week. Hoping things are still being controlled by the residual immunotherapy drugs in his system. They wont be able to treat him again, if they stop protecting him, due to the extreme reaction that he had last time. So the leadup to these apts are pretty stressful affairs.

QTc ... Is that something to do with heart rhythm?  Sorry for my ignorance.

I hope everything goes well. But please remember to tag me with any updates. 💗

@Former-Member  QTc is a value on an ECG, my basic understanding is that if too high, risk greatly increases for a heart attack.  The increase in QTc Mr D had was dose dependent and pdoc is hoping to have at least one more taper down.  

Hope things go ok for you tomorrow. 

Hi @Nett1 

Come and meet some others that care for their long term partners. Feel free to ask any questions and we will see if we can help.

@Nett1 

On the lived experience side there is an active social craft discussion thread. Click on this link to check it out: Craft Corner 

@Former-Member 

How did you get on today?

We arrived at our appt only to have it rescheduled to next week as the doc had an emergency to attend to.

Thankyou Darcy will be around 🙂 

hello @Nett1 , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope@Determined Heart

Hi @Former-Member ... Pretty good thanks 👍. Scans showed no further spread of cancer. Some issues with a few blood tests however. Will need to monitor that with follow up tests in a few weeks. Hubby is very relieved though 😀 At least until next lot of scans. 6 months this time, rather than 3 monthly, which is what we had been doing.

Sherry 💕

awww that is good @Former-Member Heart

Hubby is very relieved though, I am sure he is 

I know how I fell before going to find out my blood tests results xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance