Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

@Sophie1 

Quick wave in passing, trust you & Ms S are having a lovely time with your nieces. 

Hi @Former-Member ... yep 👍 they are fun and really lovely - they even cooked dinner for us last night - fried rice !! .. we r out at our family holiday house now playing scrabble and relaxing yay !! ... I'm exhausted tho as was up at 4.30am as they decided they wanted to go to the markets arriving at the markets at 6am!!

Hi @Mrsjones 

How are you going?

Hello and hugs @Former-Member , @Sophie1 , @Carlachris , @Mrsjones , @Mrsjones 

Remembering when pur lives had missed exch other 

And joined together years later xxxx 

Ha ha sorry @Former-Member  me shaz and I was saying we just missed each other years ago but met up again years later xxxx

Ships in the night?  @Shaz51  🛳.  

Hello @Bobkat 

It is so very hard when our partners find the going so rough that it impacts upon their ability to cope with work. Is your husband able to do much around home to help?

@Mrsjones 

How are things going with you and yours?

Yes, he can and does - he is keeping busy with jobs like refurbishing our deck. We just need to keep it to tasks round the house and garden that don't require spending too much money, which is a bit limiting.

Nevertheless, I am grateful he is up and active. In previous times when things got bad, he might stay in his room for days, crying and sleeping. It is a much better sign that he is keeping busy and not dwelling on everything spinning in his head

Has he given up work before @Bobkat or is this a new thing?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance