Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Navigating relationships

@Bentpole-01 Hope you are working things out with your partner. Relationships take work. I find it hard at the moment with my aging mum with early dementia. It feels tense. I try to breathe and take it easy around the house and keep positive. Hope you enjoy Easter break and gain some satisfaction from relationships and friendships.

Take care.

Really relate to so many of the comments here. Having mental health issues as a young person made me grow up a lot faster than my peers and I found I didn’t have much to relate to. There was a lot of stigma that cost me my best friends. Now that I am getting older, I am finding more common ground with others. I still find it hard to feel so different because of my experiences, but trying to see them as something that can help other people and add strengths to the person I am. Just starting to reconnect with long lost friends and finally have some common ground 😊

I would be interested to hear how others here find communicating with friends when your lived experience adds complexities to your life that others may not experience?

@Daydream MI faces a lot of discrimination and stigma I find that connect with people I knew before helps because they know me well before the illness. Then some people I knew even had similar experiences to me wouldn't want to reconnect because of very different life views.

May be I only feel sense of great loss to people I value. The ones did care and support me.

May be if we reach out to people who do care.then MI may not be a big issue.

Hi @Meowmy ,

Sorry but Easter was bad, my partner has rejected spending time with me and our 2 yr old for weeks now. We sat at home all day then I took her to the park by myself late in the afternoon. We are over, I can't live with her manipulative tactics and her controlling behavior of me. Het 13 yr old is her partner in arms and has divided us apart. 

I'm checking back into the clinic tomorrow, at least I will get some rest. 

How are things with you? It must be hard looking after your mum? 

@Bentpole-01 sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope rest in clinic will help a lot. It is very hard when relationships fall out. Please take care of yourself.

Hey, @Meowmy 

Yes it's good to get a break from home life. Is very lonely in here though. 

Things got even tougher today, my psychologist told me that she doesn't believe I have BPD. That my reactions are completely understandable and normal. I told my partner as soon as I got out of there and she said she doesn't believe it! It's the best news I've had for a long time and the  one person I thought was my support, is opposing it? Why?

@Bentpole-01  not easy for you. But you seem strong enough to deal with this. Keep positive. Take care.

Hi @Meowmy , it's been a while since I've been on here. So I split up with my partner after we got a visit from the police.(I won't go into details). I've been living by myself for about two months now, I get my children every week which is good. I'm happy being by myself, I don't have to answer to anyone and can do what I like. What are your thoughts on it?

@Bentpole-01 Good morning. Think may be a positive step. Living in toxic relationship does more harm than good. May be you can find better relationships now you are free. Take care of yourself.

Ohhhhhhhhh tender hugs my @Bentpole-01 , how are you today xx, love to hear from you Heart

Hello @Meowmy , @Daydream , @Snowie 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance