Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Roadkill
Casual Contributor

Medication vomiting

I'm relapsing, schizophrenia, my doctor raised my medication to try and stop it, the meds aren't working but I want to vomit, I think I will soon, it's a common thing with this medication I know does anyone have experience how to settle the nausea I feel horrible. My doctor said if the meds haven't worked by Tuesday she wants to admit me to hospital. I hate the hospital. Please, the nausea is really bad how do I deal with this? My doctor is away until Tuesday I have no one else to ask. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Aripiprazole vomiting

@Roadkill  Hey Roadkill we cannot talk about particular medications BUT let us just put it this way I dont have that reaction. Have you looked at side effects and counter measures for this kind of reaction. I would be researching on online if you are up to it or as soon as your chemist is open rocking on up and asking them plus of course getting in touch with your trusted gp. I hope this has helped a bit. Take care. greenpea

Re: Medication vomiting

Hey Roadkill, a lot of GPs are doing telehealth now so perhaps you could make an appointment with a different GP and they could give you advice, and the best thing is you won't even have to leave the house! Maybe there is another GP in the practice you could see so all your notes are in the same place. Good luck!

@Roadkill @cerseigirl @greenpea 

I'm a community guide in training here at Sane Forums. We don't discuss specific medications on these forums.

I know what it's like to have side affects to medications. If you know what the side affects are and know your diagnosis, you, yourself have the right to suggest other medications that would suit your diagnosis with your medical team that don't make you sick or be a detriment to your physical health.

There are other alternatives to the adverse side affects that medications can bring on. Read the fact sheets to see if any medications interfere with what you are taking or if other health conditions are causing these side affects.

When I had adverse side affects and I changed, I researched into medications that I knew would suit my physiology and would be less detrimental to me to both my mental health and physical health which I then presented to my medical team. Even though they were hesitant at first they were willing to take the risk. Trying something new may be better than ending up in hospital, unless you are unresponsive to all forms of medications.

See if your medical team is willing to try something new or different in medications which could be the difference between being admitted to hospitals or just staying in clinical care.

In my case increasing the medications had no effect. After going on many medications it was my initiative to try it my way that has made me stable 7 years.

Hi @Roadkill , I’m currently in hospital and the first few days I was here all I did was vomit and sleep. I just felt awful. The pdoc changed my meds but psychosis came back so now I’m having ect plus a different med and low dose anti depressant. It hasnt

been easy but it’s probably better being in hospital with all that’s been happening.

Take care and let us know how your going.

💙🧡💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance