Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Re: Knitting

@BlueBay, Can you try this pattern? https://www.samaritanspurse.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Knitting-Pattern_Girl-or-Boy-Knitted-B...

It’s Australian, gives three sizes for children and says it’s for 8 ply.

@Judi9877, what do you think about this pattern, please?

Thanks @Gwynn  I will try this one today. Xxx

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

I think the only thing I don't understand about it (besides colour changing) is to 'include 1 stitch at end of row to make 98 stitches (small)' - I thought part of the idea of knitting was to not pick up stitches??? Maybe there's a proper way of doing it. Anyway, I hope it helps!

Hi @BlueBay 

Please don't get upset about your knitting! You are still learning like we all are!  I think I may have found you another pattern to try from the charity that I knit for. It comes in 3 different sizes but I will admit I haven't tried the pattern so I don't know how it will work out. I stick to the pattern I posted earlier for @Oaktree so you may need to look over the posts to find it. 
Try typing in

www.kogo.org 

and it will lead you to 2 different beanie patterns 

The top 1 is multiple sizes so I really hope this helps! There are also other patterns including the blankets and scarves that I also knit.

Please keep up your great work @BlueBay 

Take care, stay safe and keep knitting!

Judi9877🥰🧶🌸

Hi @Gwynn @BlueBay @Oaktree @Eve7 @outlander @Daisydreamer @pipinya @HappyCastle @Former-Member @Peonies @Rosie93 @TideisTurning and all wonderful knitters here!

Great news! I finished my baby jumper late last night! See photo below! The worst thing about it was putting the sleeves into the jumper- not a good time was had doing that I'm sorry to say! Anyway, it's finished and ready to be added to my pile to donate to charity. I've already started another one as I really like how it turned out. 432E33B9-BBCD-45B8-8F68-EF7031349566.jpeg

@Gwynn i checked out that beanie pattern that you posted. It's a great pattern but a little too complicated for me. Thanks for sharing! I'll stick to simple beanie patterns!

Take care and enjoy your knitting 🧶 

Judi9877😎🌸🧶

@Judi9877 

Your baby jumper looks so great- well done!

You get through so many projects.

I am still procrastinating starting my second beanie 

Meggle

Love the baby jumper @Judi9877  

thanks for giving me the patterns. I looked up kogo - what a great organisation. Motivates me to now knit more!!! 

thanks @Gwynn  for your support to 

Hi @BlueBay @Gwynn @Oaktree @Eve7 @outlander @Former-Member and all knitters here. I hope you are enjoying knitting, whatever you may have in the needles at the moment!

I'm currently trying to knit and finish off a shades of green beanie for charity that seems to be taking ages to do to be honest. It's like it's purposely going slow or maybe that's just me and it's really annoying me as I want to start an new NAIDOC Week beanie but can't as I need the knitting needles that I'm currently using. Ah, the trials and tribulations of a knitter who just can't wait! I'll get there! Slow and steady wins the race as the saying goes. Time is a virtue as well as good things come to those who wait are what I'm obeying right now.

Gotta get back to knitting!

Judi9877😎🧶

Former-Member
Not applicable

You can do it @Judi9877  one stitch at a time ❤️

Afternoon @Judi9877 @Gwynn @Former-Member @BlueBay @Oaktree @Eve7 @outlander and fellow knitters 🙂 

I've got the knitting out again during lockdown and decided to do some more. I usually return to knitting every winter, so there was no better time. 

My boy (4 years old) really wanted a scarf, so made one for him and one for a friend this week. Hoping to knit some squares for wrap with love project as well. Our boy has been helping with the knitting, pulling the new thread around the needle for me. He's keen to learn so going to make him a knitting spool this weekend so he can give it a go.

Would love to see what you are working on 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance