Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Hey @outlander. I'm OK thanks. The kids and I had a good afternoon and they were really helpful tonight. My head and throat are sore and I'm super tired but it's that time of the night when they crew are all quiet, the things that had to be done around the house have almost all been done, and it's just the cats and me.

How are you?

is your cold still lingering on? @CheerBear

im glad to hear LF were helpful tonight and that you had a good afternoon. oh yes im aware of 'that time of the night' i get like that too. most often when i go to bed.
Sending some pats for your kitties too. Its little rocket cat cuddling you or is she off causing mischief again.

im ok enough thanks. been a big day and im looking forward to some sleep but im not to sure thats going to be possible since pop seems to be starting up again.

My cold sucks @outlander 😏 It's one of those that's worse during the night and in the morning and I am feeling like crap. But it's just a cold which is good considering I escaped catching the big bug off the kids a couple of weeks ago.

Rocket and Mouse are snuggled up by the little bar heater in our hallway. They're never together (Rocket annoys Moody Mouse too much lol), so it's nice to see.

🙁 It sounds like you're having a tricky night with Pop. Sorry to hear. It's so hard when you're caring for someone and you're tired and in need of rest.

Hi @CheerBear @Teej 

I have accepted the mother's stipulation of 2 weeks before I visit.  Mostly supporting son and enjoying his experience, growth and sharing.  Bub is doing well and there were no problems with the home birth.  There are 3 and half adults fulltime fussing around the bub son is 2 days on 2 days off.  So a very well cared for little one.  All sounds good.  When the mum's mum goes, (she lives overseas) I hope to be more involved, but mostly aim for a peaceful convivial family around him rather than pushing self in.  Trying not to sweat small stuff. 

Looking forward to cuddles.

its been so long since I held a tiny one.

yuk @CheerBear lurgys are crappy. hope you feel better soon. i apparently make a nice chicken soup so ill send you some of that to help you recover abit xo
thats nice to hear, im glad both cats are getting along (for now lol) theyve come to a mutal agreement that they need to keep warm.

it is hard, im hopinh to be in bed soon though. usually im not up much later then 11 oclock now with these other meds im on.

hello @Appleblossom Heart

So much respect to you @Appleblossom, for being so understanding and supportive of your son, your grandson and his mum. I hope you enjoy those cuddles when you get them. I bet he will smell amazing 😊💙

@outlander I'd love some chicken soup especially if it is virtual chicken soup as I'm a vego 😉 There are a few foods I miss and chicken soup is one.

I'm just hoping I'll be well enough to get to my worky gig thing this week. I don't want to miss it and I'd really like to get this bit out of the way.

I hope you get to bed at a good time tonight and have some needed rest. I'm not far off bed myself. Warm bed, furballs and a movie to fall asleep to sounds pretty good to me.

@Snowie I wanted to say thanks for your message earlier too. It's really nice to see you around again ❤

Lol @CheerBear  well  i can always make it a vego one. Itll only need the stock changed to vegetable and take the chicken out. Easy peasy 😉

Fingers crossed you'll  be well enough to go. I know your work thing is something  you quite  like so i hope this cold is nice and disappears  very soon!

Warm bed furballs and movies sound pretty  good to me too!

👋

Hey @TheVorticon 👋

How have the last few days/week been? (If you feel like sharing)

Good to see you 🙂

thinking of you @Teej 💜💜

hello @TheVorticon @CheerBear @eth @Queenie @Sans911 @Snowie and all passing through here ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance