Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

I appreciate you thinking out loud @eth, and taking the time to read and respond ❤ I really do.

The issue with moving is the single, unemployed parent with a black mark for not having the bond back from when we left the last house to strangers to pack it, as well as the patch of 'no fixed address' on my rental history. Not to mention the availability and affordability of housing and the expense of moving 🙁

As far as public and social housing goes, here it's a mess too. Even with priority access in the refuge we were told it was going to be an incredibly long wait for housing. I didn't realise that our name is still on the list for social housing (3 years later), until a few weeks ago when I received an email from office of housing to confirm whether we were still eligible. I thought we weren't eligible as we are now in private rental but there's a chance we might still be given the issues here. Again massive problem though which is once you get in that system you have to nominate three preferred areas and unless we get this area (which is a huge and has a big chance of needing to move quite a while away from the school), we would be moving a long way away if it happened. I can't do 'start again' anymore.

I'm stuck I think. I have a family support worker coming this afternoon and will run it all over with her. She can be my thinking brain as mine shut down when the gas did I think 😑

Sorry for the vent. Now I'm thinking out loud! I'm heading out for a bit, to settle banana brain. Thanks for listening ❤

Heart  @CheerBear Glad to hear you will have support this afternoon xx

@CheerBear 🌈🦄
@Maggie

@CheerBear  💕💕💕

I know the worry room isn't made for responses @CheerBear but I wanted you to know im here for you if you need a listening ear or just some company with no pressure or expectations Heart

Just saw your worryroom post too @CheerBear . Do you want to talk ? 

I think I'm a bit fried @outlander and @Teej or maybe something has snapped. I hope it's just way too tired today but I'm not sure. It doesn't feel right and hasn't all day. I'm so reluctant to push post because this feels like scramble.

I’m glad you could respond with all that you are feeling/not feeling @CheerBear . I’m pretty much banana brain too, forgot how to sign my name today, couldn’t remember what letter came first. I’ve been worried about my brain not working until my friend told me it’s my trauma brain reacting to lots of stress. I was shocked because I never thought that it was something that I REALLY had or that she knew. Perhaps yours is the same and it’s just doing what it needs to for now under so much stress. I hope this helps and not hinders. 💜🤗

I'm sorry you're in banana brain mode tol @Teej. It's strange the things that can go when it happens. I don't know how much of today was in my head and how much was not. I feel like I've been smashed around a bit today.

I think maybe you and your friend are right and maybe it could be a wonky kind of off switch. It feels so, so weird and unnerving though. It feels like losing control to me and I don't like that. I have something to help with sleep tonight.

Thank you ❤ You also @outlander

I am fading big time so am going to bed. It’s been a big yucky day here too. Thinking of you @eth 💜🤗. I read your rave post. And @outlander too for all you have going on. @Faith-and-Hope I’ve  tried a bit to keep up with what is happening for you. You are in my thoughts often too. 

Hi to @Maggie 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance