Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

I felt teary (the good kind of tears) reading these replies, thank you @Snowie, @Maggie, @Zoe7, @eth, @Faith-and-Hope, @outlander and @Gazza75. I wanted to reply earlier rather than vent and run, but it's been a tricky night here. Fathers day feels of all kinds flooded our house when two came home after having to make invitations to a Fathers Day event at school. I know they're better off this way but it really, really sucks sometimes 🙁

It means a lot to have felt the support here tonight, especially after such a feely one. Even though I miss our village I am genuinely very thankful to be part of this virtual one. I'd feel a bazillion times more alone without it.

Thanks again ❤

We are lucky to have you in our virtual village @CheerBear Heart

@Gazza75 thank you and very much feel the same about you ❤

I have a couple of kids in my class that are in a similar situation as your LF in regards to Father's Day @CheerBear It is super tough for them around that time but I have taken each one aside and discussed what they would like to do instead of Father's Day activities. It was a really good conversation to have with them privately - as much for them to know I have thought of them and their situations as it was to get their ideas to help them through it too. Maybe you could approach the kids teachers and ask for something similar to help your LF deal with it better.

You are so much an integral part of what makes this community so welcoming and caring CB and I have no doubt that every one of us here are sitting right beside you throughout this difficult period for you. Anytime you need to vent - or even vent and run - you are being listened to and supported - hold onto that love and know we are here with you Heart

I second that for both of you ..... jus’ sayin’ .....

@CheerBear @Gazza75 

@Faith-and-Hope and @Zoe7 😘

@Zoe7 you'd be an awesomely understanding teacher ❤ Our school are aware of our situation and know this stuff could be hard. When we were moved we landed right in the middle of struggle street here where a lot more kids than not have home lives that are tough for lots of reasons, so the teachers do a good job at things like this. It's called a fathers day named thing but it's to celebrate all the 'heroes' in the student's lives to make it easier. I guess it was a trigger for mine (which I imagine it might be for others too) and they then bounced off each other as they do. Middle left me a beautiful note which I just found telling me they loved me. I think it was their way of apologising for throwing the invitation at me and pretty much telling me where shove it earlier today 😏😉 Their anger is so understandable, just tricky sometimes.

I feel very felt and heard here tonight ❤

That note from Middle is a true testament to the wonderful job your have done with your LF @CheerBear - and above and beyond all the obstacles that have been thrown your way. You should not just be proud of the child they are but in the person that has role modelled that sensitivity and care ...You Hon Heart

👍 @CheerBear @Zoe7 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance