Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Gentle shout-out here to @Queenie  @utopia @Former-Member @Maggie @soul ....

Hello @Faith-and-Hope . Hope you are well. 

I'm having a slow,  do nothing day today.  Just taking things easy. 

Hi @utopia  .... 👋💕

Just running off to class here, having left D2 with her carer.

Hope it’s a lovely slow day .... restful.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope@utopia , @Sans911 , @CheerBear , @Zoe7 

been a bit of a strange week. I was ok yesterday @CheerBear although confused and a bit frazzled. I have a BIG home. There are so many thoughts running through my head but none with clarity. 

Also feeling a bit frazzled just now because I was hoping I’d have some time today with my BIG to sort out some big stuff before he goes back to work but his gf has taken today off to be with him 😬. They are going away all weekend and she has all his time booked up for the next few weeks so this felt like the only time I’d have. Whinge over. It’s not the end of the world problem but I’ve been challenged emotionally lately over this stuff. I wish emotions and logical thoughts would learn to play nicely. Now whinge over.....maybe 😜

@CheerBear Was really good to read about support worker 👍🏻. Here’s hoping they are great.

@Sans911  It sounds like there is lots of adjusting to life in your new place. I think I would feel frazzled with going from quiet to lots of stimulation. I hope it feels like home soon. 

Woohoo for Big being home @Teej 😊 Though hugs for the tricky that brings up. I think I'd feel a bit frazzled (and sad) if couldn't spend time with one of mine if they'd been away for a while 😏

How are you feeling about big appointment (next week I think)?

I'm happy with the idea of having a support worker. They're a 'social educator'. Is it bad of me to find that title really condescending? I'm trying to keep an open mind and some fingers crossed.

Nice to see you @utopia 👋🙂

Nope @CheerBear  . That sounds like a title akin to us as consumers, one of my pet hates. Social educator feels right up there with crappy jargon titles. 

Appointment next week is still messy. I think I’ve had lots of kid worries that have taken centre stage lately. I honestly don’t know what will happen if it goes kaboom. 

@CheerBear  Sorry. I’m very disjointed. I’m also feeling that going to go boom feeling. I think you’ve been feeling that a bit this week as well. 

How has a big of yours settled in to their new place? I’ve been wondering. 

Thank you @Teej. It has irked me a lot. 'Community mental health worker' sounded way better. The NDIS really has its problems 😑

I get the disjointed. It's yuck but I think a pretty natural response to scary things like c-link. Those what ifs are horrible.

Big is doing so really well thanks! They caught a train on their own today and are off doing something fun and exciting with a small group of mostly senior students. I feel really happy with how they're going and they do too. I'm also feeling surprised maybe proud with how OK I am feeling about them being further away and out and about on their own. I didn't think I'd cope very well but it feels like a normal, routine thing now. It has helped so much that we've had a really good break from hearing from people we really don't want to hear from!

That’s awesome about a big. I’m so glad it’s been a positive thing. It is really hard to let go at every stage @CheerBear. i think you’ve done really well. I know your situation would be particularly difficult. I found I panicked at the driving on their own the most, keeping in mind I have boys on the adhd scale and very high on the I’m totally invincible scale 😖😯:face_with_rolling_eyes:. 

Im sorry but you lost me on the last sentence. I’m not sure if that is friend or someone else. I’ve not followed as much as I could have lately so may be missing something too. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance