Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

I asked for help.. and I got it.

That is a deliberately anticlimactic title.

Today I saw my manager, to talk about getting a transfer to another store, because working with my ex is taking a toll on me. I also said that I had Depression, so working at night has always been difficult.

My manager was really supportive. I tried not to cry the whole time, but I cried anyway LOL. She gave me the night off, and said she'll see what she could do, calling nearby stores to see whether they had any openings. 

Literally seven hours later, she got back to me. A manager called her, saying that he needed people to work in the back dock in his store not far away from me. She put my name in, and asked me whether I could come in for an interview tomorrow.

Assuming everything goes well with the interview, I will achieve a MASSIVE turning point in healing from my breakup.

I was actually considering not coming in to see my manager, because I thought it was embarrassing, and I just needed to deal with it until I find a completely new job. I'm glad I didn't.. and I would encourage all of you to reach out for help if there is something someone can do. 

I wanted her help on the practical issue, but it was also nice to have someone to talk to. I talk about it online all the time, but IRL I have been keeping it to myself for so long.

Thanks for listening to me talk about people listening!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I asked for help.. and I got it.

I actually thought the title was exciting rather than anticlimactic. 🙂 Well done for taking the bold step to ask for help with something that would improve the situation for you, and I'm really glad to hear that something is close to being worked out!

All the best for your interview! 

Hi @Former-Member 

I just tonight answered your post from late January in your other thread. So great to hear that you have a transfer faster than expected. Isn't it great when we take a risk like the one you did with your manager, and it pays off!

@Former-Member I agree a good title and YAY!!! So glad for you. Good luck with the interview but I’m
Sure having your current manager vouching for you will go a long way. Glad you can move forward now

Well done @Former-Member, very happy to hear that!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance