Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

How to cultivate fulfilling relationships?

Caring for someone can put a huge strain on the relationship between you and the person you care for. At times, it can feel impossible. But other times, it can feel immensely rewarding. 

For me, recognising that the person's behaviour is upsetting me, rather than identifying the person as the problem, can help. It helps me to communicate my concerns in non-confrontation way, and it helps me to remember that there are so many other aspects of the person I love.

What do you to try and manage a positive and fulfilling relationship with person you care for?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to cultivate fulfilling relationships?

Hi everyone,

I thought I would add to this dicussion by letting you all know that next Tuesday, we're doing topic Tuesday on "Why do you stay?" It will be a discussion about relationships with people we care for.

6pm-8pm AEST.

thanks

Hobbit.

Ille be there :0)

Hobbit
Where will the topic Tuesday take place? I haven't seen any others
🙂

@MrsC 

Hobbit's not on tonight but I am. Smiley Wink

Topic Tuesday will take place in the 'Special Events' discussion thread. Though, just to let you know, we've tried to make it easier for members find while it's running. So between 6-8pm AEST, you will notice that a banner will appear across the top of the Carers Forum homepage. In this, there'll be a link to take the discussion. 

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Hi @MrsC @PeppiPatty ,

Sorry I haven't replied - I am generally on this forum each Thursday night. I usually try to check during the week to see if any replies, but have had a particularly hectic week.

Did you manage to log on for Tuesday? And if so, how was it?

Hobbit.

Um......
The usual.
I missed it very unfortunate

Not to worry @PeppiPatty !!

Still love you pic!!

Hobbit.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance