Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Shaz51
Community Guide

Helpful tips for Financial stress and hardship

Hello Everyone 

Looking for some wonderful tips and hints to share with each other to copy with the financial stress and hardship which we all seem to be facing at this present time 

love to hear lots of suggestions on how we can keep on keeping on each and every day 

❤️

@tyme@Leeanne@GoodLooking@Appleblossom@frog@greenpea@Scoo@Smc@Peri , @Former-Member , @TuxedoCat@Paperdaisy@Faith-and-Hope@Eve7@StuF@Dimity@Captain24@Bow@pinklollipop15@Jynx@Emelia8@BlueBay@Flying_Hams@TAB@Jacques@ShiningStar@BPDSurvivor@HenryX@Krishna@Sophia1@Zoe7@SmilingGecko@Anastasia@ArraDreaming@Clawde@Boo13@creative_writer@Daisydreamer@OscarJones@Wanderer@HenryX@Oaktree 

125 REPLIES 125

Re: Helpful tips for Financial stress and hardship

Hi @Shaz51,

Great question! Particularly in these uncertain times for many of us. While the bills seem to keep going up it doesn't feel like the income coming in has changed much.

I'm interested to see other peoples' ideas and tips around this too. Just in case anyone reading this does feel like they would like to talk to someone around any financial difficulties they may be having they may like to contact a financial counsellor.  

For instance, looking at the Australian Financial Security Authority website (an Australian Government department) anyone that is in financial difficulty can call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007. The free hotline is open from 9:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Their website states that financial counsellors offer free, independent and confidential services. 

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

I have subscribed @Shaz51 will look at thread later

Trying hard to copy the pages of financial Wellness in the 8 Dimensions of Wellness but having trouble doing it @moderator 

So click on to 8 Dimensions of Wellness for lots more interesting information 

We have been cutting back on things , only buying what we needed

I did not think we could but little steps and little changes makes a difference 

@Swansong , @Tinker67 , @FloatingFeather , @RedHorse , @wellwellwellnez , @AussieRecharger 

Great topic @Shaz51 . I look forward to seeing everyone's suggestions. 

It depends on your living situation but I can vouch for growing your own food (or some of it) to help offset rising food prices @Shaz51 

Great ideas @RedHorse 

Even growing some in pots or on your balcony if you have limited spaces 

@RedHorse , @Dimity , @TAB , @FloatingFeather , @underthebee 

If you are in the cities, joining a community gardens may be great too 

@yellowcorgi , @WIP , 

Great ideas about growing your own food @Shaz51 @RedHorse!

I used to have chickens and I must of saved so much money on eggs. My chickens' eggs where really big and the yolks were more on the orange side than yellow. I think that was a sign of how happy and well fed they were 🙂

Very happy, healthy  chickens @FloatingFeather 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance