Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Help with Medical ID tags

So, I have decided that I am going to get some medical ID tags made up. I need some help with abbreviations. The information I want to put on is that I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type and that I take specific medications which I am trying to get abbreviations for. Also an emergency contact. Any help will be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Help with Medical ID tags

hi @Former-Member
a medical id is a great idea. i would discuss med abbreviations with your gp, schizoaffective disorder im not sure has an abbreviation. Bipolar though can be BP I (or 1) or BP II (or 2)

Re: Help with Medical ID tags

Hey @Former-Member, as Outlander said, it's a great idea to have a discussion with your GP and possibly any relevant people in your support team around this. The other thing I would say to consider is the purpose for you of getting the ID tag- I say this as my tag has only the name of the condition I have and the number for the doctor they can ring for more information as mine is more for medical emergencies, so figuring out your purpose might determine who's number it might be best to put down. Hope this helps & you're abe to figure it out! 

TideisTurning 😊 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance