Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Got a coping strategy that you find good? Share it here :)

I do find meditation so helpful as a coping strategy, and being outside in nature always helps me stay motivated to practice. Much harder to do if I’m just sitting around at home!

Planting trees sounds like such a lovely and hopeful activity, I should give it a try. Thank you @Appleblossom 🙂

Hi @softedges. I've caught a couple of your posts and have enjoyed reading them so I wanted to come by and say hi somewhere. Here will do 😁

I love the idea of sitting under a special tree and that you have to walk to it 😊 We have a lemon tree out the back and an apricot at the front and I've spent a fair bit of quiet self care time under both of them.

🙂

I get so many little saplings off my apple tree.  I am running out of land though ... ha ha ...

Yes, being in the envirnment helps ground me, gardening came later.

Smiley Happy

@Meowmy here is one. feel free to add your own in as well

Content/trigger warning

@outlander thank you so very much.

Re: Bastless & Odin

I now know that my coping strategy of pure avoidance is ineffective, 2 major losses within a few weeks & more DV have dragged me out so sea; just flotsam. The psychologist died, my cat had to be killed & my spouse of 27 years again became as per usual. I am fighting again the belief that I am going "nuts."

I am so distressed as I have finally taken the brother cat to a Vet - he has hyperthyroidism & is now receiving treatment. I am reliving the deaths of my other fur babies & the firm belief that I have been so neglectful and allowed them to die in horrific pain. 

I took my beautiful rescue Bengal Odin yesterday, after following medication instructions to assist him, however I have now re-traumatised him. I just so need to know he is OK. At least I am trying to face my own fears, I am sooking at the vet's as I believe that my previous neglect is unconscionable. 

I have made an appointment for Monday for Oracle, although this is terrifying me. Somehow I will do this. 

I understand intellectually that I am experiencing complex grief & I am not doing well with being so raw & exposed. The unfit to work "as you are too mental" has again resurfaced. I so just need to curl up and hide. 

I have had 2 sessions with another psychologist - unfortunately I do not believe that this will work out - He was the Manager of the workplace that my bullying occurred. I acknowledge that he was never involved. I am just so unable to make a clear decision, my mind and who I am have gone off to sea in a pea green boat. Please help me come back.

@silverspoon, there are some good ideas here

Hello @Bast , @Meowmy , @outlander , @Appleblossom , @CheerBear 

@Bast 

Dont be so hard on yourself.  Life and death has cycles of pain and growth and death.  DO what you can, but beating up yourself wastes your enrgy and potential to do goodness.  What does "unconscionable" really mean? Yes we love our pets. I am sure you do.  We cannot stop reality and vets can only do so much.  Volunteering at the zoo has taught me a lot of common sense about animals.  Yes sometimes all I can do is curl up, but I dont let anyone hang around who cannot earn my trust and will put me down. As a mum I cannot afford to let other's negativity get in close.  Generally in my life I have felt my people, those I love have been treated worse than animals.  Men may use a few excuses to get off from their caring duties.

Cat SurprisedCat MadCat IndifferentCat SadCat Happy

You can get through his.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance