Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Neb
Senior Contributor

Giving up chocolate

Yep, life as I knew it has ended! Was getting impressive migraines which I tried treating with mega doses of chocolate thinking the migraines would just give up and move on! Nah......so the pleasure of chocolate for about 5 minutes could not win over 8 hours of dwarves mining in my skull with jackhammers! It was actually very easy to do....I still eat sweets but that is the next project I guess!

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Giving up chocolate

I'm impressed by your will power... im not sure i have any when it comes to chocolate... especially at easter. Great job!

i am really proud of myself......willpower is not a noun that would be used in describing me......but I still am doing okay OFF chocolate. I have had a small piece very very occasionally....and have thought okay, big deal.

My next project is to limit my sugar intake...I am someone you could point to and say....diabetes is around the corner for her.

I went for a walk today after being hidden awayby a really repulsive facial cellulitis complete with dripping body fluids, I did not walk too far but was cactus by the time I got home. I love my independence and life now, I know i would be greater in confidence if I was a wee bit less in size. Just saying!

Good on you @Neb !

Onya @Neb! That's determination shining through..congrats on the walk and of limiting chocolate.. How did you manage to keep chocolate portions small?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance