Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

gstar23
New Contributor

Finally found something that works

I've been living with suicidality most of adult life. I was diagnosed with a psychiatrist label but I've recently rejected that and the entire bio-medical model, which means claiming no diagnosis or taking medication.

I started going to alternatives to suicide groups and it's helped so much.

I keep myself going knowing I'll be able to attend.

I tried a.few.groups but as a queer person I've always felt disconnected from the other people who go. Anyway, found a LGBTQ+ alt2su group and I don't know - I guess I don't understand how people don't use this approach more. Being treated like an actual human who isn't crazy or scary just feels so good. I'm sitting here feeling n overwhelmed tonight and just thought maybe someone else out there could do with hearing this. It's so hard to find somewhere you feel you belong, especially as a queer non-binary person.

Sending care to anyone out there going through what I am 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

1 REPLY 1

Re: Finally found something that works

Hi @gstar23 

I am glad you found  group where you are with "like minded people"

That helps a lot.

I joined a church. I enjoy like minded people.

I wonder your thinking on that.

Groups of many types, whether it be LGBTQ or people who believe in God or groups of race bring opinions from others that are not always nice.

So l think it is good you found a place you are confortable in.

We cannot expect everyone to agree with our groups but we find a group that benefits us with like minded people.

I also hope it opens your mind to others enjoying their beliefs as i hope you enjoy yours

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance