Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Lilyq
Senior Contributor

Feeling depressed with a cold

I have schizoaffective disorder and now I have come down with a cold. I am feeling unwell and my mood is low. I have no motivation to clean or do the normal things needed to look after my 6 year old who is home with me today.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Feeling depressed with a cold

@Lilyq that sounds really tough. It is so difficult when on top of managing mental health we have to manage physical health too. It is understandable you are feeling low on motivation under these circumstances. I am wondering if right now you're just not going to be able to do all the things you usually do and just let yourself focus on what's essential to look after yourself and your little one? Take care 🙂

Also @Lilyq I'm reminded of this thead here, where people talk about experiences perhaps similar to yours. I'm wondering if some of the contributors tagged originally might have been through colds and having to try and manage all the things they usually do? No pressure of course. @CheerBear@@lisajan @Bubbles3 @Snowie @Messygirl  @health4s @kv22 @Scarlet79 @CrazyTiger @defeatedmumma @lmn83 

Hi Lilyq,

I agree with Tortoiseshell’s gentle suggestions about going back to basics. You do seem to be really struggling. I think when we are feeling really down, our motivation vanishes. It can be a painful struggle. I feel for you.

Pepperpot*

*Am I allowed to post here? Sorry, I’m new and still feeling my way around the forums. Thanks for your patience and apologies if I’ve done the wrong thing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance