Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Neb
Senior Contributor

Fed Up and Worried

Just going to have a vent here....so just ignore it okay.

Really over my crummy tummy ....went to dinner last night, the weather is VILE and enjoyed a sausage, mashed potato and Brussel sprouts. Enjoyed almost a glass of white wine, a long space , then some superbly fluffly pav with cream, finished with half a liquer glass of limoncello. I have been sick since then, and I could NOT eat all of the stated dinner. I am scheduled for removal of the lap band next Monday, I hope that it is straight forward and I will be able to eat without being crook.

Went to my local library where I belong to a knitting and crochet group. A new lady brought along a friend who collapsed. Her friend does not know a lot about her and we were able to pop her onto the floor in a recovery position.....no carotid pulse felt so into CPR which after one compression did the trick, probably had a pulse but very weak with low blood pressure. Hope she is okay, the ambulance arrived as she was coming around. I hiope she was okay! It is really weird, I have not been nursing for a number of years and have deregistered, however, I guess old habits really do die hard, I just did it with very little thought. I did work in cardiothoracic for years! I remember I was in hospital once for a stupid excessive chemical ingestion because of workplace bullying, and in the middle of the night a code blue was declared, I was out in my pjs in the hall before I realised, not my hospital, not my shift, but a patient...I was really embarassed....

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Fed Up and Worried

Just got a call from the hospital.....I have been cancelled.....maybe mid July....I going to have a little cry now!

Hi @Neb

Really sounds like you are having a hard time of it, you poor thing!! Well, we are here for you!!

Apart from the fact that you have beein feeling so unwell, I have to say that I am in awe of your story about the CPR! Haven't nursed in years, but you still just 'jump right in' and do what's required. That's pretty cool you know!! I think you are wonderful!

How are you feeling pysically now after dinner last night? I hope you are feeling a bit better soon. I can see how upsetting it is for you that the hospital cancelled your appointment. Did they give you another time or anythinng?

Hobbit.

Thank you Hobbit...nice to hear nice things. The tummy thing will probably not get done....I envisage this will be a long series of cancellations, I am not good at whinging loudly, I tend to under react. I am better than I was as I can drink again....so I feel better in that way, but just on a downer at present.

Good to hear back from you @Neb. You know how it is here - keep posting and stay with friends. We are here for you my friend!!

Hobbit.

Hi @Neb,

Just touching in to see how you are?

Nice to see back on here, but sorry it's under stressful circumstances.

Hope you're ok.

CB

Thank you for your responses! It is nice to realise folk do read stuff! Another date with man and his scalpel, keeping my fingers crossed!

Another thing that is starting to freak me out....TAX. Having transplanted to NZ, I find the difference in systems make my brain spasm...always terrified of money problems and I just spiral out of control. Booked in with an accountant who understands Australia- NZ financial relationships ....so hopefully it won't be too awful....
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance