Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Fluttershy1
Senior Contributor

Exercise ideas & motivation & daily exercise

Hi all, 

Thought I would create a thread about exercise and see if anyone has any good ideas on what activities we could do over summer. Regarding that it will probably be hot. 

I love going swimming, 

Today I went for a walk along the beach which was nice. 

@Peregrinefalcon @Oaktree if you can think of anybody else tag them

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Exercise ideas & motivation & daily exercise

I don't have any citations but I hear there's research supporting the mental benefits of excercise that tilts your head around. Things like spinning, swinging, being upside down and rolling around. Something about giving the hemispheres of the brain to have ..... more angles i suppose. More dimensions.

I worked at gentle head stands for a couple of years before I was told to stop for my neck.

@wellwellwellnez 

Smiley Happy

@Fluttershy1 

Yeah @Appleblossom - gunna try and walk everyday. 

@wellwellwellnez - have you ever trying just doing walking or swimming 

I should swim more. It's another way to be upside-down and sideways. I'm so sensitive to cold-water these days. I think that says something about my emotions or something.

I do walk but I'm starting to swap mindfull walking for mindfull silly walking. Maybe it's placebo but tilting seems to help the head (not bad from a core point of view either). Maybe a good habit we lose when we "grow up".

What about the hydro pools @wellwellwellnez 

There's a Russian wrestling excercise where they crawl/walk in a circle with their head on the floor. It makes me twist just looking at it. There's no way it's recomendable. I mean, if it is, I'd be very surprised.

ohhhh my @Fluttershy1@wellwellwellnez@Appleblossom 

we are just working when we can , and recovering when we can 

we want to take some holidays over christmas to do some sight seeing but it depends n our care for my elderly mum who is 90 

Hi @Fluttershy1 . What a great topic for a new discussion thread! Well done on starting it up👍🏻!

As summer is coming up, I like going for a walk in parks with lots of trees and flowers and taking photos of the things I see on my walk, such as colourful flowers and different plants. Also, going to the local pool for a swim is a great way to relax for me and good for my mental health as I love being in the water!

I wonder what other activities and ideas other forum members can come up with?

Judi9877☺️

Hi @Fluttershy1 

I love to walk on the beach and swim occasionally 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance