Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Emotions update about lockdown and online dating

hi everyone the last few days and probly the last few weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster in more ways than one,first the good news my latest online date is the one Im getting to know the most and might I add when I think of falling for someone I didnt expect that he would look and sound and be the way he is but the way he is is perfect for me,as for the other day I freaked cause of yes anxcious thoughts but its ok he came back to me after our brief absence earlier that day ,I dont think it helped that the lockdown was just announced either as I was stressed about both things at the same time,but its all good now,we are back together talking online ,cant stop talking to eachother and we even have a date plaaned as soon as lockdown is over ,in the meantime we keep in contact frequently throughout the day,Lockdown doesnt seem as stressfull once it started,I think I tend to get stressed the most right before lockdown but fairly good during lockdown for the time being,just doing some house cleaning and watching movies and just sppending time with online date till we meet in person,I dont know wether or not things will get serious but its enjoyable and just going with the flow,as for my family well I finally got to have about 2 or 3 heart to heart talks with my older cousin regarding dating issues and hes being a great support especially with things like being protective and listening to some of the things Ive learned while dating,I know hes got my back safety wise if needed he said so himself that if a man Im dating causes trouble for me or he sees that the man Im dating tries to do something that Im not comftable with well then my cousin said he would step in,sort him out,go to dates house to have a talk with him. I dont have my father you see as he passed a number of years ago so its kind of fallen to the older cousin ,I trust he wont tell  the whole family about my new dating phase as it is my personal buisness,I have let my brothers know too and they are happy for me which is a weight off but as for the rest of the family I havent told anyone else just yet,maybe if things get serious with this one I will then most likely start telling my girl cousin and aunties and everyone else,I geuss Im just doing and saying as much as what works for me. thanks for listening LostAngelHeart

1 REPLY 1

Re: Emotions update about lockdown and online dating

P.S Happy Valentines day to everyone wether your single ,dating, engaged or married or lost someone you love take care everyone xxx
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance