Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Not sure if I have mentioned it here or elsewhere but we have recently had our roof replaced due to hail damage and the process has been a saga from the start. There are aspects that in my opinion are substandard workmanship, the mess left on site when workers left was not even close to acceptable and whoever took off our solar panels walked over them all voiding any warranty. 

Feedback sent to Insurance last week after failed attempts to resolve with the bulding contractor and thought we had some direction for a solution but discovered today that another hot potato hand ball maneuver had taken place.  Have sent a further email to insurance to escalate the situation. Have not told darling the most recent development as it will not go at all well and I don't have the emotional resilience at the moment to deal with it.  

Smiley Frustrated Very unwelcome news @Determined.

One laundry basket full of more fiddly sorting done. 🙂 Consistently, most of the volume is unwanted papers. Definitely need a bigger worm farm.

The "keepers", even including the "maybes" that Younger Daughter needs to look over, are something like 1/5 of the original volume. Maybe less.

That is a great effort @Smc 

I need to to a bit more of that. 

Love it @Determined  ❣️

@Determined, I've got an added motivator in that the room this stuff is in is earmarked to be our bedroom. It used to be Younger Son's room, and he did a pretty good job of clearing it when he moved out, but then before I could give it a clean and spruce up, Younger Daughter decided it was a good place to put everything she didn't want to have in her room. (Grrrr...) I've tried very hard to only put things in there that I want in there as "our room", but with things coming back from my parents' place a few extras went in there. Not much, and at least that stuff is already "sorted".

So once I get the excess out of there, we can do the spruce up and move in. We've had mould problems in our house for a few years. There's some to clean off in the prospective bedroom, but the current bedroom is even worse. Really needs to be dealt with.

We've ended up with some nice 1920s bedroom suite furniture, from a couple of different sources, but it all matches. It will be the first time ever we've actually had a room of matching furniture! There will be a few non-matching bits too, but still close enough to be in character. 🙂

I don't really have a proper "home" sorted for Mum and Dad's things yet, but I reckon I can neatly store most of it under the bed until I can get there. Aaannnd once we've moved rooms, the next job on the list is decluttering the old bedroom, giving it a clean and spruce, and turning it into a lounge room which can be also used as a spare bedroom when family or friends come to stay.

Wardrobe similar to this...Wardrobe similar to this...Bed similar to this....Bed similar to this....Dressing table similar to this but has an extra full width drawer...Dressing table similar to this but has an extra full width drawer...And for something different, two of these as bedside tables, one green, one yellow. :PAnd for something different, two of these as bedside tables, one green, one yellow. 😛

Able to pass on a fair few moving boxes today. This included packing material (bubble wrap, old linen and butchers paper).

have been getting rid of our paper and things out of the filing cabinet bit by bit @Former-Member , @Smc , @Determined , @Faith-and-Hope , @Radleritis ,

you can nearly see the verandra table again ---- yaaaaa

Ata girl @Shaz51.

We are starting to get quotes for home maintenance and improvements.

@Radleritis  some moving boxes for you ...images (24).jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance