Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Determined Unwanted beverages out the door = yay

Donated a container of small tiles (found as we tidied up our garden) to an op shop that has someone come in for mosaic supplies.

mr shaz cut our hedge right back to the base @Former-Member , @Sophie1@Determined@Smc@Anastasia@greenpea@Appleblossom@Adge@Bezak482 

now seeing new shorts coming up , need to plant a couple more inbetween to make a great hedge again 

@Shaz51Ekk! will it grow back quickly? 😮

ha ha it is growing back my sister @greenpea Heart

sooo glad Smiley Very Happy

Lots of Urgent Home Maintenance (all at once) -

Yes forced Decluttering too - Having to get rid of (Replace) equipment -

My Aircon tripped the RCD, cutting all power to the house (yesterday afternoon).

Now I cannot use it at all, even though it was/ is running fine.

Electrician charged $500 to replace one light & one powerpoint – Yikes!

He would not open up or check Aircon, to repair – Which was the main (most urgent) reason, for calling (booking) an Electrician.

He said I need to Replace the Aircon/ get a new one.

All my Aircon contacts (several businesses) have had their contact phone numbers Disconnected – perhaps they have shut-down, closed business.

I finally got in contact with one Aircon place which did not have a Disconnected phone number – they don’t want my business, even though they do have Box Aircons in stock.

They would get an instant $700 or more for a replacement Aircon – Yet they said “We will get back to you sometime, in about a week”.

The Neurologist – Referral for my 3 numb fingers (nerve damage), will not take Bookings until February 2021 next year (they said on telephone).

Oh my…..

Wow, it comes all at once…

Adge

Watching some trees buffet around in the wind here waiting for a storm to pass (still approaching).

Have some more pruning to do.

I want to cut back to gutter level while they are small enough and safe enough for me to manage.

Screenshot_20201031-153554_Samsung Internet.jpg

ha ha ha that is Mr shaz totally @Determined Smiley LOL

@greenpea, we brought some new hedging plants to go inbetween xxx

@Former-Member, @Adge@Smc@Emelia8@Anastasia@Scoo@FindingStrength 

finding it hard to keep up with our garden and mum's @Appleblossom 

Spotted this little trick online as one way to hide wall blemishes.images - 2020-10-31T154959.166.jpegimages - 2020-10-31T170051.726.jpeg

HI @Determined @Shaz51 @Former-Member ... anyone else hanging around.

Not doing much inside work at the moment, bt getting lots done in the garden. Still heaps of weeds but making inroads, and it's almost warm enough to start planting the summer vegs.

Have been finding and filtering out a bit of rubbish while weeding/garden bed building, and also am moving scattered bricks and rocks and suchlike into coherent piles that may, at times, do double duty as garden edges. 🙂

Oh, and cleanup work at our Older Son's place was very successful. The real estate agent looked delighted, paid friendly attention to the maintenance issues we pointed out, and now our son gets the opportunity of a fresh start instead of having the backlog from sharing with his sister hanging over him. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance