Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Work on our renovation is proceeding steadily. There has been a lot of dust around and I finally got my act together and did a bit of long overdue cleaning today. As Mr Darcy slows down I am having to take on more of the domestic duties that he previously took care of.

One step at a time my  @Former-Member 

Yes on Wednesdays  I clean mum's house , trying  to do extra and different  jobs that need doing 

We mowed  and cleaned up  both of our yards on Wednesday too 

images - 2021-03-19T094941.114.png

Small steps only here, an unwanted recipe book and 2x other books sent to others who may appreciate them.

Burrowed into some stuff in a storage container over the past couple of days, to get out a couple of bed bases. On the way through, found some things to turf. Some chipboard shelving pieces and my old motorbike helmet. The lining in it has broken down, so it wouldn't be safe to use anymore.

Put things back in a more ordered manner so we can get to them later, spotted a few other things in the process that can be passed on to new owners, but will have to sort through them a bit first, so that can wait for another day.

Most of what's in there is furniture, and also building supplies for our delayed renovations... Some of the furniture will eventually be used in the house, some we'll pass on to other owners, some would honestly be of more value dismantled for materials and fittings. It's been too packed full to sort out one thing from another, so I'm hoping that making just a tiny bit more breathing space in there will mean I can do the sort out.

I'd set myself a project ages ago repairing some nice bits of furniture we'd been given, and was making headway until Older Daughter's MH started going downhill all those years ago. There's some very nice pieces in that container that I'd love to fix up and get into our house.

One of Mr Darcy's brothers is visiting and is kindly doing a couple of little handyman jobs. Thankful for these blessings.

@Adge  I have gone on the offensive and put out mice/rat bait under our house before any rodent decides to take the elevator and set up residence in our rooftop. Wondering if you think it might be worthwhile doing at your place.

I have changed where we store our wheelie bins, they are now located near to where we use them.

Thankful Thursday today and I am thankful for this new decluttering tip I came across today.
images - 2021-04-08T205046.642.png

Implemented this tip and threw out some "science experiments" from the fridge. We have been very intentional in trying to eliminate food waste, getting better at doing so, still a work in progress.

@Former-MemberI think Rodents at my place (Rats & Mice/ Both) come in under the Eaves of the Roof.

There's No Cladding around the Eaves (between Brick Walls & Roof).

Previous owners removed the Cladding - Some still remains, which shows that originally there was Cladding all the way around.

Without Cladding, there is a Gap (just below Roof) at top of the Brick Wall - So they can climb the outside, & enter through there.

I don't think rodents are coming into roof & into the hollow walls, from under the house.

So I think I need to focus on baiting in the Roof - more often.

Their food source is probably Birdseed around the Aviaries - Which spills out through the aviary wire.

There isn't much there - Apparently Bird Aviaries & Birdseed always attracts Rodents.

Anyway,I would certainly TRY ANYTHING (maybe bait under house) - That might keep them away.

They're Getting Noisy & Womping in the Roof Again....

Wheelie Bins are at Front Door - Aviaries on opposite side of house (out the Back).

Adge.

Yikes @Adge  was hoping you might have been able to get ahead of the blighters. I agree with you, regular baiting might be the way to go.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance