Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

Hugs @Faith-and-Hope 

Heart

@Shaz51 The whole house cleaning business resonates with me in many different and contradictory ways.

Still its gotta get done and its an earner for you.  I did it paid for a few months with my mother.  Weird going into other people's houses when they are not here and do the dirty work..

Hugs

Im for S . Wondering questioning whats new except the year no w ok better in past

Is that missing one or two showers re miss 2 days @Faith-and-Hope .. i should hav had one last night

@applebosom ok @Appleblossom lol

There should be a wtf button lol @Shaz51 @Appleblossom

@Appleblossom I have hired cleaning helpers at different stages of my life when I couldn’t manage in my own .... like having 3 babies under 2yo, with one of the twins bouncing in and out of life-saving surgery ..... 

I thought if it as them doing the heavy work, rather than the dirty work per se, as they were only doing floors and bathrooms, which were pretty clean anyway.  It was for hygiene reasons mostly, but I was the one doing the dirty work because that was about all the daily mess above the floors and in the moment in the bathrooms (sick kids, toilet-training spills etc, and all the nappy buckets.

I was so wrecked at the end of each day I just couldn’t swing a mop and wipe down shower screens as well .... so my “house angel” helped me.

And she was putting her life back together after her hubby’s secret gambling debt cost them their house ..... and like her, I am not actually (yet) qualifies for anything, so even at the tine I was thinking that if things got so bad that I had to leave, that would be me cleaning houses to make it through, probably .....

Jyst thought I would try to shine a bit of a different light on it for you, but I get what you mean.  Cleaners who have helped me at times have mentioned that some people who hire cleaners really have an attitude problem, and treat them like second class citizens, leaving all sorts of personal adult mess that is inappropriate for anyone else to have to deal with ..... many agents now put boundaries in place so cleaners are treated with greater respect .... 👍

Yeah @TAB , I will miss a couple of days showers every now and then if energy is low and to-do list is full-on ..... if I feel clean enough .... changes of clothes, deodorant, wash-cloths ..... not a big deal for me.  It’s more about how I feel.  If I feel I need to shower, I do, and it’s usually day to day and a half ..... 

For some people it’s a bigger issue that they have to work at .... like with everything, gotta respect the differences.

Ok re ‘respect people who don’t sweat’ oh ok I normally shower morning and night am filthy. Nice to see you again, woman. And thankyou for your response

😆👍 @TAB .... 

I don’t need your conversation I miss it maybe haha @Faith-and-Hope
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance