Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Definitely mental exhaustion @tyme 

Have been in this space previously (and for a period of years), thought I was passed all of that but seem to be descending again at the moment and it concerns me 😞 

Have read back over the Tuesday night discussion on types of rest (LE Side)
Fail on every level there. Have 2 weeks break from work coming up but for various reasons can see little brain break in that space. (And to be fair, work is not the problem). From when I wake to when I go to bed there is little reprieve from input and stimulus, even when I go to bed there is road noise.

Not sure how or where but I need to be doing things differently. 

Hi @Determined,

I'm sorry to read things are not easy for you at the moment. Mental exhaustion is no fun and it can make life really challenging. 

I went through something similar several years ago - my mind was on constantly and it really was exhausting. I also found the more mentally exhausted I was the less `fight' I had in me to push the thoughts away. In my case I found help through my GP and counselling. Do you think this may be something that might work for you?

I really do wish you well and hope things improve for you very soon.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Sounds 'busy' @Determined .

I hear you. There's just something going on all the time. If anything, work was usually my 'rest' because I didn't need to put my guard up - I could work on autopilot.

If posting what is going on for you, helps, please do so and tag me. I'd be happy to follow (no obligations of course).

Please take care and work to find that 'pause' button in life,

tyme

Was planning an extended bike ride tomorrow (pedal power) but rain is setting in so looking like it will be the Indoor trainer. 

Loose interest on that after an hour, 2 hours at a stretch. Road ride usually.= 3 to 4 hours on the weekend. And don't get the benefit of the fresh air, and breeze in the face. Riding through rural area,.the smells views.

Something special about watching the sun rise while out on the road. And the social aspect is healthy also. Even when there are some more unique personalities in the group. 

-4-6

-Challenged by loneliness today

-loving family members talking to Mum and Dad on the phone                 -listening to music

tenor-6.gif

Taking FiL to hospital tomorrow.

Process seems disorganised and unprofessional.

Probably should take a full day off work tomorrow but will try and go in early to sort some things out. 

Was not very productive today. Spent more time outside on the phone than at my desk. 

@Determined hope things are falling into place for you, I know it's been a few days but hope they do.

I sometimes wonder if I use my caring status to hide from my own thoughts. Mrs is fine; mine is the brain that's running a million miles an hour all day. I won't elaborate suffice to say I'm safe, just...not fun. Not motivated. Feeling like giving up (on a number of career/ wellbeing related things. Again, I'm safe.)

Sinking here

FiL coming home from hospital.(tomorrow I think, have to call to confirm) 

Concerned about our ability to support him.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance