Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

sounds very cheap to me @Eve7 dep on where you are, a piece of fish is min$10 sometimes a lot more

EDIT if it felt dear , it was dear, wasnt trying to be argumentative Sorry

Definitely cheaper than Maccas @TAB . It’s just that I used to just buy it for me but now they all come over Friday night and I always pay..generous mother that I am 😬

oh  okay @Eve7  ..if I'm not looking at prices and delivery etc, I have spent that on myself before, ok have leftovers, but not something I do very often

I emptied rubbish bin in kitchen and washed it

took rubbish to bin

got wknd papers

got food

just watching grand final w sound off

very quiet here Everyone out somewhere w their new best friends at some grand final show ha ha 

Maccas IS expensive now, isn't it @TAB @Eve7 ? Thank goodness I don't go there much. Can't say I have a taste for Maccas.

As for fish and chips, I hope the $70 meal filled the family! I went out the other week to a little cafe. Since COVID, they now have surcharges for everything! Surcharge for card payment, surcharge for weekends, surcharge for a plastic bag, surcharge for a takeaway container.... hrm... I've even seen a meme about all these surcharges.

But I also acknowledge how difficult it is for restaurant owners. Staff shortages, huge spike in raw ingredients, long wait times for deliveries...

I don't have an answer.

Achievements for today

mow the front lawn

walk the dog. 

as I read in satirical piece in UK Guardian .. the poor person saw a solution Oh I'll just become Rich... 

funny thing is that's pretty much what last govt in aust said 'oh just get a better job' its pretty sad really 

i do forget that we ate out as kid once a year maybe bought school lunch twice a year lol  grew own veg etc @tyme @Eve7 @SmilingGecko 

My achievements for today:

1) mowed the lawn (but am yet to do the edges)

2) cleaned the house

@TAB @Judi9877 @Captain24 @Eve7 @RedHorse 

We never had much as kids either only school uniforms, books and food. You would think my parents were operating an orphanage @TAB. But they were a product of war.  I avoid takeaway as much as possible, just heat up gluten free pies, have DIY baked fish and chips with salad.  BTW, we are seeing the middle classes slipping through the cracks and businesses being bankrupted, people will lose their money through the banks by default so we will eventually all be on a basic universal income.  

Be serfs/slaves more like it @SmilingGecko
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance