Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Daily Achievements!

20200308strength.jpg

Hi @frog, sorry about ya mum 😢 It's hard to believe it, when our parents go, I think 'cause they were always a part of our world. I lost my dad December, and mum 2018. I've lived interstate last 20yrs mostly so it's still not sunk in. Siblings all went mad, worried about money, dad's estate (derintestate), the family home (now sold & in trust). Anyway, your not alone in Grief. What you achieved today is more than enough, well done!  

What have I done? 🤔Oh yes

- solicitor apt - decisions made ✓

- overcome panic attack after ✓

- dishes ✓ - load washing ✓

- couple of posts here ✓

- cracked out recorder & memorised The Last Post for Sunday ✓

That actually doesn't sound too bad hey (thought I'd done nothing much again).  Thanks for the call out  (((((🐸)))))

Former-Member
Not applicable

What a day, last lament. Looks like you have found your inner strength and happiness X

Hi @frog 

It was my pleasure and you’re so welcome Heart

I can’t even begin to imagine how difficult it must be for you to face another day Smiley Sad I think that it takes an enormous amount of courage to do this and what you’ve managed to achieve today is absolutely amazing!

Thank you so much for your kind words - I really do believe that this is just so important, although it’s often so much easier said than done Heart

I also believe that living with mental health issues (and I would imagine caring for a loved one who lives with mental health issues) takes an enormous amount of courage and energy and a whole range of inner resources that would absolutely amaze some people and take them completely by surprise!

Please know that I’m thinking of you at this really difficult time and sending you some gentle hugs Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Today I am trying to continue with the sorting of photos. Deciding what to keep and print and what to delete is truly overwhelming.

Eating too much today, had a glass of wine for first time in a while. 

Over the last couple of years I have been slowly working from one room to the next around the house. I feel like possessions are tying me down. When I get through this paperwork etc next then my clothes. It Is taking me a long time as MI gets in the way.

Now we have been told we are in lock down 🥺😢

Hi @Former-Member @ShiningStar @Former-Member @BPDSurvivor @Last-Lament @LostAngel @frog @Shaz51 @saltandpepper @Emelia8 @roses and all forumites here. Well done everyone on today's achievements!

@Former-Member I read that you are going into lockdown again- obviously in Perth somewhere- so please take it easy. Just getting through each hour of the day will be a great achievement so just remember that. I struggled for 17 weeks in Melbourne with a night curfew to boot but in the end, I was just to get through each day as it meant that I was closer to some sort of freedom again. Stay strong forumite🥰

My achievements for today have been-

- Starting on knitting a beanie for charity in some yarn I found buried in my room

- Going to the library to a special session on essential oils

- Buying both a jar of coffee and some cat food after forgetting them in my shopping list yesterday. This girl cannot live without coffee and I can't afford to have a hungry cat! 

Judi9877☺️💐🍀

Hi @Judi9877 Great Thread just what Clawde needs right now, little things done lead to great things done, another way I can count my blessings 

Thankyou 

from 

Clawde 👍

Former-Member
Not applicable

Opened left eye ✓
Looked around √
Closed eye ✓
Snore 😴
lol

Hi Judi, my achievements today 

getting out of bed and getting moving, getting dressed and walking up to the shopping plaza 

bought myself an iced coffee milk drink for some energy 

I'm going to spend some time reading my novel which I will enjoy 

hope all forumites have a lovely day today 

love, hugs and encouragement 

roses 🌹 

Former-Member
Not applicable

🤣🤣 that was me this morning EOR
Former-Member
Not applicable

So right @Judi9877  we need our coffee.

yes I live in Perth.  Just sad for my grandkids you were looking forward to going away camping. I don't know how you managed 17 weeks. I don't like feeling trapped.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance