Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Covid-19: Supporting each other through times of change

Sorry about ect @Snowie - is it noticeable when you don't? I've never known anyone going through this. Only when in hospital once, my room mate.
Anyway, don't mean to sound superior.
Coldest day in 40yrs here today ☃️

It is noticable when I don't have it @Former-Member but I am not sure if that is my actual brain or just knowing that I didn't have it. I am hoping that I only have the week off and next week I can go again but won't know that until next week.

Must have been cold where you were hon. Hope you stayed rugged up today. 

Hi @Daisydreamer

I hope you're well. The past few days have been hard for me, and before you ask, yes I have professional support. But I need a lot more help than currently available to me. I'm not finding any answers. Before you ask, I don't have any answers, either. Believe me, I will let my doctor know all of this tomorrow. And I will let him know I'm still interested in my big excursion on Sunday, so if I'm hospitalised I can get a day pass. Am safe at the moment, but this could change by the hour, or possibly tomorrow. I'm just letting you guys know just in case I can't interact with you for more than a day or two. But I promise if I'm ok, it'll be business as usual and I'll try hard to interact sometimes even if I'm put into the hospital. I can't say for sure where I'll be at tomorrow arvo which is making me nervous.

I'm also freaking out about this pandemic too, yes I'm following some mindful practices but no offense I'm human too, and when I'm really unwell I literally need medical supervision until I'm stable again. Sorry for the rant, am still safe. Will try to stay safe tonight. Will try to eat a bit more. Will try not to cry or be too frightened, too much. Will try to remember anything good about my life so I don't forget to take meds or lose track of taking them. My support people said they'd help me at regular schedules too, no matter where I'm at — this is a relief for me! I don't know how I'll go with losing my temper but I'll try to control it (I'll try), because it's too hard at times and I need more help to calm myself down.

I truly hate this pandemic. I won't keep writing any more for a while though as this comment is already long and I don't want to keep rambling all night (I wish I was exaggerating!) Thanks again guys! XoXoXoXoXo!

Hi @Former-Member, 

I wanted to let you know that Daisydreamer hasn't been tagged in your post. You'll need to type @ and select their member name (it should come up in green). You can just edit your post (under 'post options') to change this.

I also want to say i'm sorry to hear how tough things are right now. It sounds like you're doing your absolute best to look after yourself. Thanks for letting us know you are safe right now.

In case you need crisis lines tonight here they are-

Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467

Lifeline: 13 11 14

Take good care,

Sphinxly 🧡

P.S. I really hate this pandemic too!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance