Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Covid-19: Supporting each other through times of change

Thanks @Former-Member 

I hope I don't have to go through another isolation period. I can't leave the house for anything. Lockdown doesn't seem so bad to me now!! 

@Shaz51 You do so much for your Mum hon, that I think she would be lost without you.

Hi @Snowie
Feel for you my friend
I have had a rank day today. Just full of nonsense.
My mind has been against me all day
Only 30mins left of my day

Sorry to hear today hasn't gone well @Flying_Hams 

Not long of the day to go now.

Can you do something nice for yourself when you get home/finish work?

@Shaz51- Is it up far nth Qld now too? Our quarantine system sucks!
@Former-Member- it's gonna take some time I think, to get the vaccination rates up.
@Snowie, that would intimidate me, public health dpt ph call to check up on me. How rude! Guess some have been naughty. Perhaps they can do 'welfare checks' while they're at it. Squeeze in a counselling session or something helpful lol
Oh dear, now I'm getting cynical... Time for a cuppa

yes @Former-Member 

I will have a cuppa with you xx

coffee.jpg

@Former-Member they were nice enough about it. I guess there are people doing the wrong thing so that makes it hard on everybody. 

Spoke to my pdoc by phone today so that went ok. Said I was his first patient in isolation!! Mmmm do I take that as a win!!

A cuppa sounds great to me.

Not so much @Snowie
Just working on internship stuff
About to go for walk.
Hopefully tomorrow is kinder
I am hopeful I have time to chill tonight after I eat which is after I go for a walk

Hi @Shaz51 

I was just reading back in this thread and - wow - it's 8 months since the fire - time is a very subjective issue - it can seem fast or it drags - all at the same time.

I have lost track of so much because I needed to take time out. So - I think you are waiting for time to pass about building your house - or getting somewhere else - I understand that such decisions are really hard for Mr Shaz and this makes it all harder for you too. And helping your Mum out atm is probably easier when you are living there. The last I heard you were sleeping on the floor - I hope you have a bed - or at least a mattress - by now

Things have to be tough with lock downs and there unpredictably - I wouldn't find it easy making a decision about future housing right now. 

Life is not easy at all for you and yours - and then there is your health as well. I heard somewhere than someone said you were not looking well - I guess that is what people say when they know your Poor Little Kidney is battling away as it is

I get it - sending my best thoughts

Dec

Thanks for the giant cuppa   @Shaz51  😋 Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't run for a cuppa a few times a day How are you today?

@Snowie  - I prefer psych sessions on phone. My last Blue are Access Psychologist was good, it's just so slow when they don't know you. The case worker wanted me to come in but I moved back to Qld (a year back now) and so far managing without help. Just so conscious of people worse off than me waiting for help. Today I unpacked another couple of boxes. Found notes from past counselling sessions that would be good to go back over, and I got you guys here. Actually therapeutic finding these things and filing them where they can be found. It's like I'm pulling my life back together. Even found diary for the year my girl died. Sold the family home couple of years back so it's been hard. 

Has your lockdown affected the shock therapy this time?  

Hi to @Flying_Hams   @Daisydreamer   and everyone 💗

Sounds like you know what you need and are good at telling people that @Former-Member I hope it continues that way for you.

Yes the lockdown has effected my ECT session. I can't go this Friday.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance