Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Challenge of the day

Hi all Challengers ✋🏻

Im probably not going to do much on the weekends depending how I feel. I'll put one up for now but will see how I go tomorrow. I have someone moving into my house today so it's all a bit topsy-turvy. 

B6CB21F5-0761-4F85-A871-5A6295E9C046.jpeg

Find things in your stay at home place that are your favourite colour and post about them. 
@Maggie , @TAB , @Owlunar , @Snowie , @eth , @Former-Member , @Mazarita , @@everyone else. 

@Former-Member @Teej @Maggie @TAB @Owlunar @Snowie @Mazarita  and anyone else joining in.

What I thought of immediately is the purple cowl I am crocheting that I've nearly finished this week after starting it as a longer scarf 2 winters ago.  I converted it as I was totally bored with row after row of the same stitch in the same colour.

Crochet Cowl Snood Neckwarmer Scarf In Deep Purple, Ready To Ship ...

looks complicated @eth  not knit 1 pearl 2.. lol

Hey @TAB   I find crochet much easier than knitting, plus I'm impatient and it 'grows' faster than knitting does - you can finish something in less time in my experience.  You can learn how from YouTube clips.

hmm I barely have patience for life let alone knitting @eth  lol

8307135D-BD63-4AFA-B657-EB05427E6E50.jpeg

Not my nails (!) but U do have this nail polish cos it's my favourite colour ....

Hi all, loving this thread.

@nashy, @Teej, I wonder why why all those photos from Teej's 2 April post are not yet visible? I'd like to see them! Teej, seems like you really like children's books! Occasionally I watch kids shows on TV. Something good about the optimistic simplicity. I like picture books too. I used to especially like those books that had pop ups inside.

PopUpBooks01.jpg

@eth your challenges to yourself of writing, exercising and reducing smoking sound great. C and I had a walk in a big nature park yesterday, abundant with sub-tropical trees, a big pond with water fowl, geese, ducks (one group of them had a bunch of tiny chicks, too cute). The moon was high in the sky in the fading afternoon daylight. The water lilies were starting to bloom and it made me think of your long-time avatar. A few days ago, we visited the beach. So good to be in nature, healing and calming. That vege garden looks lush! Nice to see an approximation of yours. I like that you have the same pretty, delicate weed growing with your other plants too. Cool that you have got back into crocheting. I like the pattern. Is yours the same colour? Following image from the walk yesterday. You can't see the water lilies in bloom in this one, but gives some idea of the place.

Pond.jpg

@Exoplanet I love your rainbow image. Did you take the photo? Either way, it's uplifting to see. Hehe to not pulling weeds. I can't help but like some feral things, such as blackberries. Used to play with a bunch of feral kittens when I was only about three or four. They lived under the homestead. Love to you.

@Faith-and-Hope Enid Blyton's books were banned when I was in school, but I loved The Wishing Chair series anyway.

@Appleblossom I miss cats in my life. I stayed with a friend last year and she had five, a couple of them were semi-feral when she got them. The bigger ginger male took a shine to sleeping on me. I would wake up from a nap and there he'd be purring on my lap. Any time I sat in a chair he'd be onto me, haha.

@Owlunar I too love The Secret Garden. I saw it as a movie first at a young age. The film was old even then. It was only in adulthood that I read the book.

@Ant7 love that photo you posted for the Green challenge.

@Isabelle love your Green photo too. It's a coincidence with your forum name, that I also loved a book called 'Isabelle' when I was a very young child. Still remember it in my late fifties!

@Former-Member wow as well to your NZ photo. When I was there in the 1990s, I found the landscape breathtaking, north and south islands both.

Hi too to @Shaz51 @Snowie @Maggie @Lee82 @TAB, and anyone reading.

Catching up on challenges now:

Green

It makes me think of trees and their many various shades of green. The more trees the better!

The Letter T

Time fascinates me. I especially love the episodes of Star Trek that were all about time paradoxes.

Favourite colour thing at home

Blue is my colour this year for some reason. Can't get enough of it. The sky is the best blue. Still counts as being at home because I can see it from my courtyard.

Heart

Wondered about @Teej 's photos too @Mazarita.  I was going to ask about that today 👍

D2842204-93A0-4467-8FA4-730A9B892E2A.jpeg

32593971-51FB-41D9-A59D-931A1176D3B8.jpeg

AA0BD4D2-577E-48B6-993B-DDA1C8E93CDB.jpeg

This is my favourite colour and it is stuck in lockdown too lol

Hi @Mazarita   you were up early - or was it late?!  Lovely to hear from you and thanks for your encouragement.  As always, day 3 of new resolutions and I only did 1 of the 3 goals!

I loved the Wishing Chair too.  I had quite a Blyton collection.  I absolutely loved reading from the age of 3.  My parents were educators and I was the eldest child so a bit of a guinea pig in terms of them teaching me words and numbers so young.  And don't start me on all the IQ tests!  In grade 6 (in PNG) I had read every book in my school's library so they let me go next door to the high school and use their library.  (Memories coming up here).  I really value books and am very happy to see that my adult child continues to have them in hard copy as a big part of their children's lives.  When I left the NT late 2016 I had to cull as much as possible so I could go from a 2br flat that was quite a big one into the one room of the cabin.  One of the things I really miss at times is so many books I didn't keep.  Some of them were irreplaceable.

Your description of where you went walking is beautiful.  I love it that the water lillies made you think of me.  I haven't been out walking anywhere near enough as I still don't do it alone.  And am not likely to given my startle reflex being elevated with a lot of anxiety about some people's really bad/unpredictable behaviour at the moment.  Bro and sil are working more than full-time hours at the moment and they get their exercise in the pool which is now too cool for me.  I use the exercise bike, but not enough.  Working on doing a little more each time I get on it.

Regarding the picture I posted of the purple cowl - it's identical to the one I'm making.  Saw a way of wearing it where it goes over the head like a hood as well so I might make it a bit longer so I can do that.

Sorry everyone that turned into a bit of a rave.  Hope today goes smoothly for everyone.  Looking forward to the next challenge @Teej 

@Faith-and-Hope @TAB @Maggie @Exoplanet @Appleblossom @Owlunar @Ant7 @Isabelle @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Snowie @Lee82 @nashy 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance