Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

ive got an exercise bike to and some weights @Former-Member i try to do them everyday.
gardening can be hard work! pulling all those weeds and things out, not my fave thing to do.
walking yor dog is good enough though nad im sure he/she loves you for it to
Former-Member
Not applicable

I think yoga is like golf,  participants tend to be enthusiastic @outlander .  Good on you for doing daily exercises.

Mr Darcy insists on walking the dog but since Christmas she won't go with him on her own so I got roped in. 

yeah @Former-Member
im trying to find things thatll help me with my breathing and things too. my sleeps been really bad and have been having nightmares often resulting in auditory and visual hallucinations so id likee to find things that help with those as well.

oh what happened with Mr and your dog that she wont go with him now?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I don't know if the yoga thread is still going on the LE side @outlander  but I know Soul and Phoenix Rising found it helpful, not sure if that was with their breathing though, but perhaps a spot to ask.

Our whippet was a bit crook Christmas eve,  when she recovered she would not go with Mr D. Have been a bit concerned that Mr D not doing so well and wondered if she has picked up on that too.

ill have a look thanks @Former-Member

hmm that is a possibility. dogs are pretty tuned into their owners so maybe she can sense that.
Whats happening with Mr D? is his medications not working as effectively?
Former-Member
Not applicable

He is discontinuing one med as a monitoring threshold reached @outlander .  His mood is stable but anxiety /OCD thoughts possibly getting  worse.  I have flagged concerns with pdoc.

oh dear @Former-Member i hope the pdoc listens to you and has a think about what might work
Former-Member
Not applicable

Will see what they say at next appt @outlander . 

Have you still got your own horse?

no @Former-Member i havent had my own horse for close to a year now. i help look after the others but none that i call my own.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Have you noticed the $$ difference in your budget @outlander . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance