Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Carers under 30...

Hey @Former-Member

It is disappointing when what was an enjoyable activity ends up being an often lonely chore. Being around my dogs is calming for me.

How is your weed free garden going?

Even though you got to the movies at the weekend, as a carer you still need your me time. Doesn't have to cost anything, just needs to something that gives you a breather.

Darcy

Former-Member
Not applicable

im not doing so well @Former-Member

i had to call three helplines yesterday and i didnt get any drawings done.

i thought i was going to have to go to hospital and still could be a high possiblity with my MI atm

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member
Have you a case worker you can call or do you need to call CATT team or head to the doc? You need to be taken care of too my lil-caterpillar.
Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

i rang the hotlines three times yesterday and was speaking on here via email as well

im scared, and confused and guilty and feel like a dissapointment @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member
Have you someone who can come and be with you now? Can you call CATT?
It is OK to feel scared and confused sweetheart.
Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member
I have to go out for an appointment and will be off line for a lot of the afternoon.
Don't be scared to get the help you need, are you able to promise me you will go to emergency dept if you need to?
Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

Im scared @Former-Member
I dont want to do it anymore.
Im scared to sleep from the nightmares and the memories and confusion between my mind and body sensations. Im scared of these feelings. I want to run away from it all.
Ill try to go to an ed if i need to
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member
Checking in.
Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

im not going well @Former-Member

ive triggered myself off which i knew was stupid to make someone else feel better, and now ive got to control that and i havent got the last lot under control from earlier .im really struggling i rang my suicide prevention clinician and they are going to ring back tomorrow morning to check in aswell. shes given me a few other techniques to work on and try, i can ring ATAPS which in run throught the program as much as i like to get through whenever i need it and if things get worse to get the hospital,and not to worry about anyything else jsut get there and get some more emergency help 

Former-Member
Not applicable

It is tough going @Former-Member but hold on sweetheart there is hope. You probably cannot feel it a the moment but lil-caterpillars grow into beautiful butterflies.

Keep in touch with your supports, it is the best thing you can do. They can help you get through this.

Darcy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance