Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Carers under 30...

oh that sounds good @Former-Member yeah i think itll just have to depend on the day i suppose

im not a gardener myself but i like to draw and im working on a garden at the moment, lucky for me theres no weeds 😉

Former-Member
Not applicable

Back to you @Former-Member
With regard to you taking time off out of home
Is pop safe on his own?
Does he go to any seniors activities without you needing to be with him?
Are there activities you can do individually but together (can you draw while he does something on his own).
How mobile is Pop? Would he join you in going to places together but ones you like - something like a weekly outing where you take it in turns to pick the destination.
Darcy

Former-Member
Not applicable

on his better days or days where he isnt struggling himself yes he can be left on his own for a few hours @Former-Member

he also has a mobile and a house phone with my mobile number on speed dial if her ever needs me

he doesnt go to any seniors groups though he does go to his friend house for an hour every second day unless he isnt well and can drive there as its a very short distance so maybe i could use that hour for something instead of trying to get the hosue clean..

he is mobile like he doesnt need a walking frame just yet but probably soon. he is more because he cant bend over, lift anything heavy, has had many surgeries and i nearly lost him 2 years ago and it went wrong so now we have to monitor all those things as well as him having a driving phobia so anywhere thats more than 10 minutes away i need to drive him so pretty much everywhere except his mates house and the little corner shop.

he has a very bad and weak ankle and it has given way quite a few times so i need to monitor him, he can shower himself etc but i need to be around just as a just in case thing.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member

When Pop is at his friends it is the ideal time for you to do something for yourself and not to feel guilty about it at all. Dare I say b*gger the housework that is YOUR time.

Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

thanks @Former-Member i think itll be a good idea as im a primary carer for my sisters esp during the week so from waking hours until about 4 pm and then some times a sat or sunday so not much of a break, plus i study as well

Former-Member
Not applicable

Are your sisters at school @Former-Member when Pop is visiting his friend?
Former-Member
Not applicable

yep  they are @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

Bonus @Former-Member

Looking forward to hearing what you have done in your first guilt free time out session.

Over and out for tonight possum.

Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

good night and thanks @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member
Loving the new name.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance