Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

outlander
Community Guide

Calling LBGTI members

Can i please ask the LBGTI members a question?

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Calling LBGTI members

Ive been meaning to ask a question but have been hesitant i must admit and i wasnt sure how to word it.

But no time like the present.

Please bare with me.....

After having a think the other day and how others 'label ' themselves as bi but are many forms for example some are just sexually attracted to the same sex but arent wanting a long term relationship....

Now heres my predicament...

I identify myself as Bisexual but would this still be the case if while im comfortable and interested in both genders and not just sexually i mean for the long haul but i would prefer a male (im female btw)

Would being comfortable and interested in both but gravitating towards male still be classed as Bi?

This is probably making no sense whatsoever so if its not clear please do say something.

Hi @outlander

your question does make sense it is just hard to answer,

i dont identify as LGBTI myself but what i personally believe and have been told by friends who do identify as LGBTI is that it is not about placing a person in a box of one thing or another (because we are all on more of a spectrum) but sexual/relational preferences are individual to everyone and the important thing is only that you be true to yourself and (hopefully) feel free enough to identify (or choose not to) as whatever fits that authentic self without worry about others ideas  

there are organisations that can chat with you if you are interested like qlife  and organisations for more info like national LGBTI health alliance 

i wish your luck 

HI @Fancy_Pants

thank you for the link. ive taken a look at the link and seen they offer chat so when things quieten down here ill send them a msg and see where the chat takes me

@Queenie have you had any experiences with Qlife

had a chat to Qlife and they were pretty helpful
The counsellor said instead of labelling dony label at all that way it takes the pressure off

I can just say im still figuring out my sexuality. Then when i get more experience with either or both genders then i can figure it out and theres no rush at all
Just let things flow. Dont deny feelings just accept them and if i choose to persue them then go for it

@Fancy_Pants@Queenie

Just go with the flow @outlander. I think it takes some people a while to explore their sexuality and what they are comfortable with. Labels are just that... labels. Don't feel you need to be defined by anything. Just be you.

Thanks @Queenie

@Queenie can i talk to you about something

Sure you can @outlander. Fire away...

Thanks @Queenie

Im not sure if you remember or not when i said that i had feelings towards another woman abit earlier or not..... .
But today i actually seen her again and i still had those same feelings towards her. She gives me those butterflies feelings. Theres one big problem and theres no way id wreck it and that shes not long married. Shes 25 so not much older than me. I didnt think id see her again but she was where i was today and she actually spoke to me. Ive never felt like that.
I guess the feelings of attraction are normal but i know itll never happen at the same time which i want her to be happy but im.not use to having those feelings.... help...??
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance