Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Re: Welcome to Life After Bushfires - Online Community

just finished a university degree this year which has been a goal for me for a long time ---- Congratulations @Frangipani1 Smiley Very Happy

@nashy@YouAreNotAlone@Fizz 

Congrats on finishing your degree @Shaz51!!!!

What an awesome accomplishment!!! I've been thinking about going back for a Masters degree but I'm not sure I have the capacity haha.

@Frangipani1

Congratulations on your degree! And your role as a peer worker. It's so important for consumers to be able to talk to someone with lived experience. That's so cool you grew the frangipanis in your profile picture, too!

Thanks @YouAreNotAlone the experience of doing TED talk was challenging but well worth it - the entire process took about three months to put together as you have to craft the message first and write the talk then  learn it as you don't have any notes etc - so you have to be on stage for 15 minutes talking to hundreds of people in a theatre - I was terrified at first but by the end of teh experience was really happy and proud and got great feedback Smiley Happy

3 random facts time! 

Fact 1: I’m an artist! My first solo show for my paintings I did was for a well known live music bar in a big city... at 16! 

Fact 2: i can’t grow anything in pots, but can in a garden bed???? 

Fact 3: I’m all about eating healthy to help my mental health.

Woah @Fizz, that is hella cool though!!!! I'm in awe! So brave of you to do that, and such a great learning experience, I'm sure!

@Burnt
That's so cool about your art!!! I am also terrible at growing things in pots.

What kind of foods do you eat to maintain your mental health? I've recently undergone a pretty drastic change with my diet and lost about 10kg, and definitely notice the impacts on my mind (and body).

Pots and I arent friends

freah fruit and veg! Especially greens- I notice a visible difference if I eat more junky/meat loaded meals. I am much more tense and stressed. When it’s like that for a while depression too. When I eat right I feel so much better, I then have strength to work on myself! 

Re: New here? Find out how to start connecting

My 3 random facts. 

Fact 1 I love fishing, I always catch fish. My friends know me as the guy who can speak fish 

fact 2 I have been falling into the trap of alcohol and cannibas, I’m not proud of but I am fighting the addiction 

fact 3 I am a trained horticulturalist, although that’s not my job 

Re: New here? Find out how to start connecting

This looks like fun activity!

I'm Daisydreamer and three fun facts about me are:

1: I am a terrible cook- even when I try it's just not a thing I'm good at. But, I can always improve!

2: I have spent my entire life living in houses that back onto National Parks and dense bushlands, so lots of bushwalking for me.

3: Water and swimming is really grounding for me, so I spend as much of summer as I can at the beach

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: