Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Re: How is everyone coping, now we're going back into bushfire season?

Really resonated with this quote @Powderfinger "PTSD is a recovery and it gets easier in time" 💙

I may have to steal that quote and write it on my mirror to read every morning. X @Daisydreamer 

@YouAreNotAlone I am anxious for this upcoming season. 

@Daisydreamer 

I'm.glad you found a quote that resonates for you regarding PTSD. 

@Burnt  I definitely hope this NYE is different!!!! There was an alert for a fire in my area earlier today and I flew into a panic. Just in case, I'm also packing a bag . . . and making sure we have food and water so that if we're without power again, we'll be okay.  I get what you mean; I've been putting it off as well.

@Burnt wrote:

@YouAreNotAlone  Very normal behaviour ! 

I think most of us are, feelings resurfacing and the danger getting higher. 

I don’t know what to pack in my go to bag. I’ve been putting it off, I just can’t bring myself to do it. 

Lets remember this nye will be totally different and we all deserve to enjoy it!

Hey @Daisydreamer,

That's a good idea to make sure you do self-care and distraction on hot days. Unfortunately I tend to bite off more than I can chew, so I don't have much free time for TLC!

I talk to people in my community, but am also conscious of not wanting to bring it to the forefront when a lot of people don't want to talk about it.

And @Burnt and @Fizz, yes ❤️ the rain is absolutely gorgeous. Let's hope it's enough!

@IamNOTalone

Feels. So so so so so much anxiety. Especially when a fire truck goes speeding past, or the Fires Near Me app pings.

One of the other contributors earlier wrote about adding in extra self care on days when it's hotter/the anxiety gets worse. I know it's hard but that's what I'm going to try and do--is that something you can as well?

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: